JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 10-11-2009 , 02:10 PM #1
minnie pal

Default New Bedroom

My new bedroom...

- First pic: you can see the flatpack chest of drawers on top of which is a cane gizmo bought in charity shop and painted cornflower blue, it holds jewellry. also on top is the blanket box. these form the 'divider' to mark off two areas in bedroom.

- Top of blanket box two lovely pics used as mats bought in charity shop on top of which is a poole bud vase, car boot and others from charity shops. the flatpack drawers have decals made from the flowers of the wallpaper over the bed, blue handles E1 from Lenihans, capel street. tray beside bed from dunnes, has 'feet' for bed and lined with wallpaper and sealed, lamp from charity shop

- Long side ruffled pillar lamp from dunnes, gives off sharper light than smaller lamp. glass shelves 'found' bits on top, car boot. CD box, car boot. cushions, charity shops, dog - member of family! just a feaure wallpaper Image 2 sees the top of blanket box and beyond into 'office space.

- Two views of old blind covered in thin fabric from Ikea, old blind trim used again and a necklace, broach and tassle from charity shops.

- End of bed shows a sari which has been half sewn to form a runner and also cushions from charity shops, laminate wardrobe painted white, boxes on top part of set from Gumtree, great buy.

xminnie pal
Attached Images

minnie pal is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 10-11-2009 , 04:10 PM #2
mw100860

Default bedroom

Well done, minnie pal, love the flowers on the drawers and the whole room looks so co-ordinated. Amazing what a bit of imagination can achieve!
mw100860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-11-2009 , 04:18 PM #3
maggied

Default bedroom

hi there really cute bedroom lots of great ideas
maggie
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-11-2009 , 11:35 PM #4
marleymo

Default lovely

Minnie what a lovely room so cosy, it looks fab, great ideas that im gonna steal lol
marleymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 07:17 PM #5
MarieMc

Default Hi

Well done it's great to see the end product. I'm starting my daughters room on Monday it's a surprise for xmas. God Help me. I know what I want but will it work. I'm starting with a blank Canvas really. it's a room upstairs that's never been used. So A friend is going to help I'll send the results when it's done.
MarieMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 07:23 PM #6
minnie pal

Default thanks everyone!

marymac, if the redecorating is a surprise great. If the kids know about it, do get them involved as they have to sleep and spend time in it. especially about colour, i think everyone has an idea of what they can live with and what they cannot.

best of luck. No, didnt really enjoy doing this project as the body wasnt very willing but i am pleased enough with the result but not the pics, they are woeful.
i see a friend tomorrow and ask her if she will take better ones, she who got photographer of the year when graduating.
all the best with redecorating and diy, may this hoose be my last and may i now get down to my writing and photography with gusto.
A delightful visitor on my bird feeder today was a Great Tit.
yep, the stuff of life really!!!
minnie pal for the birds.
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 08:25 PM #7
MarieMc

Default Hi

Hi Minnie Pal. She knows I'm doing it but does not know when. She has told me the colours so I've them got. There is no way I would get her involved I'd def have a headache after it and it would never be done.
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:33 PM #8
minnie pal

Default best o luck Marie mc

Rather you than me, phew, glad its nearly done for me.
xxminnie pal
Old Posted: 13-11-2009 , 12:02 AM #9
Bunty

Hi minnie pal,
Again congrats. on your great achievements, your innovative skills have certainly come to the fore! Keep up this good work!!
Regards, Bunty
Bunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-11-2009 , 09:14 PM #10
MarieMc

Default Hi

Hi minniepal well I got started today with many thanks to a good friend of mine. I have to say I've got so many ideas from this before and after forum it's great. I'll post the pic when done. Second coat will be done on Thurs friend is coming back to help I was half ways through when i realised I never took a before pic but it really was a blank canvas anyway. Been in the house 9 years and never needed the room til now.
Old Posted: 25-11-2009 , 10:11 PM #11
minnie pal

Default mariemac any pics?

how did the redecorating go? have i missed the pics on here or have you put them on?
xminnie pal
Old Posted: 26-11-2009 , 04:01 PM #12
MarieMc

Default Hi

Yes I have them up on the thread. See Blank Canvas room to this. On the Before & after site.