JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 09-07-2008 , 01:52 PM #16
Narizota

There was a Tuk Tuk up for grabs recently and I think that's the most interesting thing I've seen on here.

I am hoping whoever got it will post a pic when they restore it :)
Attached Images

Narizota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-07-2008 , 02:38 PM #17
carissa

Default Tuk TUk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narizota
There was a Tuk Tuk up for grabs recently and I think that's the most interesting thing I've seen on here.

I am hoping whoever got it will post a pic when they restore it :)

oh i forgot about that, yeah it would be great to see it restored....
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-07-2008 , 10:14 PM #18
Fries-With-That

Default Fantastic Item received on Jumbletown

Hi Jumbletowners,

I can lay claim to one of the most fantastic things received on Jumbletown.

I put my hat into the ring months ago for a mobile home that a kind couple wanted removed from their garden.

I wasn't the first in line, but I finally had the mobile home delivered to my site last week.

It took months of ringing around different delivery guys and being let down by them before I finally found a professional that was as good as his word.

I am looking forward to converting this into a weekend/holiday time classroom for my children.

Seeing it on my mountain side site last week even brought attention from some locals, asking was I building a house there etc ( its miles from anywhere).

When I explained to them what I was doing and for what reason they were impressed and one fenced off a large area around it (without being asked and for free) to make it safe for the children. The other guy donated 80 concrete blocks to prop in up level, I think they have both saved me a fortune.

So thanks to Yvonne and Ger for the mobile home and thanks to the delivery guy and the locals for making us welcome and finally thanks to Jumbletown for making it possible.

Regards,

Fries.
Fries-With-That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-07-2008 , 10:17 PM #19
kilk

well done Fries, nice to find decent people too.
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-07-2008 , 12:10 AM #20
carissa

hey thats great,im delighted for you, you're gonna have some great weekends, i have a site in cavan with a mobile on it, i grow my own fruit & veg & keep hens up there, used to have great weekends & summers there when the kids were younger, they have lost interest in it now but i try to get up there once a week, its great to get out of the city for a while, i wish you many years of happiness in your mobile :)
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-04-2009 , 11:15 AM #21
jenniferalan

I was hoping that this thread could also be used to share some of our favourite things that we have gotten from JT.

I got a beautiful lamp, it is quite hard to explain it has a purple shimmery shade and a chrome (i think?) base. It is absolutely gorgeous. I will post a picture to show you.
Attached Images

jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-04-2009 , 11:18 AM #22
jenniferalan

Picture just doesn't do this lamp justice!
Old Posted: 30-04-2009 , 03:19 PM #23
magiceight

The most unusual item I've received so far is a stethoscope from The Mammy :D

And the most fabulous is a pair of sofas from scocon (hope I've spelled that correctly). Getting these particular sofas meant the world to me, as I'd been searching high and low to find the exact shape and style of them, and there was no hope of me being able to shell out approx 600 yoyos (at least) each on new ones. And to top it all off I got more than I bargained for - she threw in a 28" telly too!

I'm over the moon with the sofas, and I'm itching to get started on re-covering them after I move house :D
magiceight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-05-2009 , 10:59 AM #24
snowdaisy

Default best site goodies

Oooh i like this thread,
the tuk tuk was pretty deadly alright,
My favourite thing I received from jumbletown was a blue sofa-bed that is used everyday as a couch and often sleeps guests as i have no spare room,
can't remember the giver's name as it was last year but i'm always grateful.

Also furnished my little house with jumbletown stuff as i was skint after buying it: a table n chairs, drawers, kitchen sink, smaller sofa and shelves, all being used and appreciated,
thanks eveyone!

snowdaisy
snowdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-05-2009 , 06:02 PM #25
paprika

I got so many useful and lovely items on JT it's hard to pick the favourite one.
The two most appreciated are probably the Tiger bouncer from ghendy and the rocking horse from jenniferalan (later still needs a cleaning and a bit of DIY, but the young owner loves her still...)
Attached Images

paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-05-2009 , 06:54 PM #26
jenniferalan

Awwww glad the rocking horse went to a great home!xx
Old Posted: 08-06-2009 , 08:47 AM #27
Poppy

I've recieved several items through jt and I've been delighted with them all but the most unusual thing I ever got on jt was the upper torso of the superman dummy who became an integral part of my college art show. He currently resides in my house waiting for the next project! The most amazing thing I recieved was a DSLR camera. I had put an ad up in the wanted section, never really expecting to get one as they are so expensive. A very nice man contacted me and gave me his camera. I was speechless when I recieved it as it is so good. People on jt are so kind, he could have easily sold the camera but he chose to pass it on here. It is now my most treasured posession. Thanks so much to everyone I've got stuff off and I hope the items I've passed on are proving to be as useful to their new owners. Its an amazing site and the people on it are so nice.
Attached Images

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-06-2009 , 01:36 PM #28
bluecurlygirl

Few poems under "addicted to jumbletown" about why people love this site - because of what they get out of it. Lots of love on here that's always a fabulous item to get!!! Have received beautiful brooches, a hat for my sonny boy, a diary (unfortunately the gigs aren't rolling in to fill it up!) but definitely the best thing I've got from jumbletown is the wonderful advice/tips and the online friends.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote