Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 07:32 PM #31
cheddarlane

Default spring clean

They should do it here!!

Especially now with 1. Trying to save the Enviromnent
and 2. the Big Recession!!

People waste too much!! I bring every little thing I find into the local charity shop!!

people just chuck stuff and never think how someone would love it, just the same way they once did when they *bought it!!*

But I can't say I have had great feedback if I have been seen looking in skip.. only did it a few times .. last time I got a cool box full of gorgeous expensive art brushes and paints and dyes.. some had the prices on.. 12e for one tiny paint brush that you would hardy even use for an eye shadow brush it was that small!!

I used the art things a few times as used to do an art course.. trying to find the time now!

also got a brand new m&s bathroom rug.. it is lovely, and just my style.. Pink!!

I am currently moving and rather than getting a skip, I am adding things on here, going to local vincent de paul and oxfam and giving to friends who need it.

It is a great feeling too and also declutters..

bet you could make it a hobby looking in all the skips you drive past.. although the ones I have past lately, have been in the rain and covered in rubble!!

Summer maybe!! haha
cheddarlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 10:29 PM #32
Moeby

Default Skip diving

I know where I live people would look down their noses if they saw you looking in a skip and believe you me I have seen skips and cannot believe what is being dumped but I would be too embarrassed to go to it. I did get a locker from a skip beside our local GAA centre after an auction. (I intend to revamp it and will post before and after photos later. I do my utmost to promote jumbletown and bend everyone's ear about it, but so far I do not recognise anyone locally.

I have to admit I did see the poster "Jumbletown needs You", somewhere (maybe Colmsmum had posted it locally), but I didn't pass much remarks on it. In fact I didn't really know what it was about. Maybe some of the graphic boffs on this site could come up with something that would be catchy and informative (Sorry to whoever designed first poster), but sometimes there are so many posters and ads in local shops that they can go unnoticed.

MAYBE AS JUMBLETOWNERS WE SHOULD JUST BRAVE IT AND APPROACH THE SKIPPERS AND LET THEM KNOW ABOUT JUMBLETOWN, SAVE THEM AND US A FORTUNE.

Kind regards.
Moeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 11:18 PM #33
brummiegirl

Hi
In response to Admin regarding the advert on Ocean FM etc to attract more people from the west, I know myself I saw this site a few times before I decided to join because of living so far west...I guess I thought that as a lot of people on here appear to be from the east or south of ireland that they would not be willing to travel to collect stuff....how wrong was I!! I am waiting for ink for my printer but hopefully will get posters printed up soon and distributed locally - as much for my own benefit as for JT itself lol!
great work everyone!
brummiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 11:52 PM #34
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiegirl
Hi
In response to Admin regarding the advert on Ocean FM etc to attract more people from the west, I know myself I saw this site a few times before I decided to join because of living so far west...I guess I thought that as a lot of people on here appear to be from the east or south of ireland that they would not be willing to travel to collect stuff....how wrong was I!! I am waiting for ink for my printer but hopefully will get posters printed up soon and distributed locally - as much for my own benefit as for JT itself lol!
great work everyone!
Hi brummiegirl,

Jumbletowners are still few and far between in the West, but we know there are more out there, given the right promotion.

Galway is the only county in the West we'll be running ads this year, thanks to some funding from the County Council under the Local Agenda 21 Scheme.

We know that we still have a lot of work to do to spread the life-cycling message and realise that JumbleTowners themselves are the main means of promoting the site, so every poster helps.

Many thanks for helping to promote JumbleTown, brummiegirl!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-09-2009 , 04:00 PM #35
AL17071974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Thanks for the feedback and support, misstake.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

just thinking i'm a member of fingal greens...i'll pass on the message i'm sure there is loads of happy recylers to be found.
AL17071974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-09-2009 , 04:21 PM #36
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL17071974
just thinking i'm a member of fingal greens...i'll pass on the message i'm sure there is loads of happy recylers to be found.
Hi AL17071974,

Many thanks for helping to spread the news about JumbleTown!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 03-09-2009 , 04:56 PM #37
tasmin

hi linda,
i know what you mean, i am forever tut tuting whenever i see skips full of things other people could use.
and i am forever telling people about JT, even stranges if i see them packing their skip....you would be surprised how many dont know about this site and are grateful to know about it, because most people dont like throwing out stuff that someone else could use.

my friend thinks i'm nuts, well at least she did until i got a beautful hall table and overmantal mirror, now she says" check out JT and see whats going" me thinks shes becoming addicted :-)

so i'm all for spreading the word about JT.
its a great site!

Tas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleagh
Tell everyone and anyone about this site!!
I have invited new residents this week, and do so most weeks.

But I am so sad to see some people who haven't heard of the site and often due to no internet access!

I was driving though Lucan yesterday and saw 5 skips in one street alone!!
Loads of furniture and toys etc pilled up. Such a shame to be skipped!!!

If a neighbour I would inform them of the site (may even save them space in skip or to downsize)

But not up for knocking on strangers doors yet.

Need more Community spirit in the real world as certainly plenty of it here in the Cyber World!!

so continue spreading the good news!
tasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-09-2009 , 05:40 PM #38
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmin
hi linda,
i know what you mean, i am forever tut tuting whenever i see skips full of things other people could use.
and i am forever telling people about JT, even stranges if i see them packing their skip....you would be surprised how many dont know about this site and are grateful to know about it, because most people dont like throwing out stuff that someone else could use.

my friend thinks i'm nuts, well at least she did until i got a beautful hall table and overmantal mirror, now she says" check out JT and see whats going" me thinks shes becoming addicted :-)

so i'm all for spreading the word about JT.
its a great site!

Tas
Nice one, Tasmin! We still have a lot to do in terms of spreading the word about JumbleTown. We really only advertise for a two/three week period in April/May on local radio stations and in the regional media, and our good friends at Prudence magazine also carry a few of our ads. So, word-of-mouth advertising helps us enormously. Thanks!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 05-10-2010 , 12:48 PM #39
SLCB

Default Posters

Hi, I just found the posts with the posters, I'm printing some out to put up around Limerick because I don't see to many from the area using the site, I moved here just over a year ago from Kildare and wish I'd known about the site before I moved because there seems to be much more users in the Leinster area. Anyway I'll stick up the posters in the local (rural) area and in the recycling depot in the city and hopefully it'll encourage new members.
SLCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-10-2010 , 01:18 PM #40
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCB
Hi, I just found the posts with the posters, I'm printing some out to put up around Limerick because I don't see to many from the area using the site, I moved here just over a year ago from Kildare and wish I'd known about the site before I moved because there seems to be much more users in the Leinster area. Anyway I'll stick up the posters in the local (rural) area and in the recycling depot in the city and hopefully it'll encourage new members.
Many thanks for that, SLCB!

And just in case anyone missed it, here's the link for downloading an
A4-sized JumbleTown poster:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Regards
Chris P
Admin