JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 12:37 AM #1
aggiec

Default Sooo Many "Wanted" Adds

I was just browsing through the Wanted adds and i notice there are over 1600 adds. Some people are placing multiple adds for the one thing.

People!, can you not just "bump" your add instead of clogging up the forum with multiple adds for one item.

And if you should be lucky to receive an item, or no longer want the item, why not delete your post instead of just leaving it there waiting for admin to decide what should be done with it. They are multi-talented but they are NOT psychic. (At least I don't think so). They have enough work on their plates without cleaning up after us.

At home we are "giving out" to the kids for not cleaning up after themselves (maybe that's just in my house).LOL. So maybe we should "practice what we preach"!!!

I like to browse the "wanted" adds. Not because i have something to offer but maybe i might see something people want, and i realise "i have that" but would never have thought of offering it on JT. So using the "search" function wouldn't matter to me as i hadn't thought of offering the item until i saw the request for it. And it can be a bit daunting when you see all the adds.

I know admin are going to say "the wanted forum" is not what JT is about, it's just an extra "helping hand". LOL. But it would be nice if it was a little smaller, simply by people doing a bit of a clean up.

Anyway! ranting finished. Thanks
aggiec is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 12:48 AM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Hi aggiec,

There are currently 65 pages of Wanted ads -- we try to keep it around 50 pages so we'll be pruning ads shortly.

Thanks for reminding Members about the Search function at the top right of the listings and also that they shouldn't duplicate their ads but "bump" their ads instead if they wish to send it back to the top of the listings.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 12:49 AM #3
smokeyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiec
I was just browsing through the Wanted adds and i notice there are over 1600 adds. Some people are placing multiple adds for the one thing.

People!, can you not just "bump" your add instead of clogging up the forum with multiple adds for one item.

And if you should be lucky to receive an item, why not delete your post instead of just leaving it there waiting for admin to decide what should be done with it. They have enough work on their plates without cleaning up after us.

At home we are "giving out" to the kids for not cleaning up after themselves (maybe that's just in my house).LOL. So maybe we should "practice what we preach"!!!

I like to browse the "wanted" adds. Not because i have something to offer but maybe i might see something people want, and i realise "i have that" but would never have thought of offering it. So using the "search" button wouldn't matter to me as i hadn't thought of offering the item until i saw the request for it. And it can be a bit daunting when you see all the adds.

I know admin are going to say "the wanted forum" is not what JT is about, it's just an extra "helping hand". LOL. But it would be nice if it was a little smaller, simply by people doing a bit of a clean up.

Anyway! ranting finished. Maybe it's just me!! Is it the late night that's to blame for my way of thinking?

Hi aggiec,

would agree with you about the wanted ads. Maybe if Admin were to break it down into catagories i.e. Domestic appliances, furniture, etc.. it would be easier to look through them this way. It would also save people having to "bump" them every day/week to bring them back up. They could then remove them when/if they receive item requested. I see on other sites that it is done this way and it seems an easier way to look for items which may be requested.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 12:57 AM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
Hi aggiec,

would agree with you about the wanted ads. Maybe if Admin were to break it down into catagories i.e. Domestic appliances, furniture, etc.. it would be easier to look through them this way. It would also save people having to "bump" them every day/week to bring them back up. They could then remove them when/if they receive item requested. I see on other sites that it is done this way and it seems an easier way to look for items which may be requested.
Hi smokeyeyes,

The categorisation of the Wanted forum and related topics have been discussed by Members and Admin before in the the following threads:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/show...wanted+section

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/show...wanted+section

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 01:26 AM #5
smokeyeyes

Hi Chris,

Sorry about that, and thanks for posting thread links. I didn't realise that this had been discussed previously. As you can see I am new to this site (and I must say, really enjoying browsing it). Am amazed at the creative talents being used by some people on the forum!! Love seeing the before/after pics of items.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote