JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 25-09-2008 , 09:22 PM #1
bluecurlygirl

Default Jumbletowner of the year?

Is there an award for such a thing? I've been going through the green section and I have to say I'm knackered. Unapam, house renovating, restoring furniture (for your niece as well), making Christmas presents, starting a chernobyl children's appeal, making bat boxes out of wine crates, lights out of colanders!! Is there no end to your talents. I tip my hat to you. Major kudos. Oh if only the world had more of you. Where do you get your energy? Whatever the source may it never run out. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 12:04 AM #2
unapam

Default Bluecurlygirl

Ah, thanks for that. The way you put it -has me feelin' knackered...and I did it! LOL!
Ever wondered what happened to ADHD kids when they grow up? Now you know! Thanks a million!
I'm off now to plough a field, knit a blanket and save the planet!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 12:33 AM #3
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin: re: JumbleTowner of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Is there an award for such a thing? I've been going through the green section and I have to say I'm knackered. Unapam, house renovating, restoring furniture (for your niece as well), making Christmas presents, starting a chernobyl children's appeal, making bat boxes out of wine crates, lights out of colanders!! Is there no end to your talents. I tip my hat to you. Major kudos. Oh if only the world had more of you. Where do you get your energy? Whatever the source may it never run out. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
Hi bluecurlygirl,

Sorry to report that we're too miserable to give awards (not even Crackerjack Pencils!) to the luminaries that grace our pages but we do occasionally single out individuals who make holy-shows of themselves by being chronic over-achievers. Queen Unapam is such a person, but she'd be the first to admit that JumbleTown has hundreds (nay, thousands!) of folk who deserve an award for their sterling work. Perhaps we could introduce a New Year's Honours List like in the UK, where unsung heroes get a title or something. Lady bluecurlyhair has a nice ring to it, no? Or how about Sir Angling Mad, the Countess Linn, Baroness Bettybooboopbedoop, King Kilk (the First)...I could go on and on, but I think we all agree that anyone who uses JumbleTown (be it once a year or once a day) deserves praise for helping their local community and environment.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 12:53 AM #4
unapam

So say I! I think being a queen is as much as I can handle! Any award would have to be repurposed immediately!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 05:53 PM #5
bluecurlygirl

Default And so the motion was carried

Here here, everyone who even visits the site should get an award of a pat on the back and a nice smug grin for knowing that you are on your way to contributing to saving this home of ours that we call planet earth. And from now on I shall be using my given title from Count ChrisP ;-)

Lots of love and funky stuff,

Lady Bluecurlygirl (the first of course!!!)
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 06:14 PM #6
Ocker

Default Kilkie

Well we need to be careful about having too many kings and queens........ big trouble in the palace, so I propose Count Kilkie of Balla Had Ereen ( formerly Lord Kilk of The Turf)
Ocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-09-2008 , 08:08 PM #7
kilk

i much prefer king sir Ocker. then i could order my subjects to save the turf! Oh yes and the spuds too!
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-09-2008 , 08:07 AM #8
Linn

Chris P you made my day COUNTESS LINN thankyou.

Now getting back to reality lol, i agree with Bluecurlygirl everyone should be get an award, a mention or even an smile. If you use Jumbletown once a day or once a week you are just as important and part of the jumbletown family.

As for Queen Unapam i have to agree her work is fabulous but there are many wonderful skilled people on JT and i know that the lovely Unapam will agree with that. Also Unapam would have got most of her pieces that she did up and materials ect from JTowners. So everyone could take a little piece of credit for Unapams creativity. Hope Unapam doesnt mind me saying that.

So heres to Clever Chris P & Daring Dave Hagan and their 1000's of Jumbletown fanclub. Keep you the good work one and all.
Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 02:22 PM #9
Tribesman06

May I hereby thank Baroness Bunty for her thoughtfulness and kindness to our children when she arrived to collect some furniture from us. We thought we were great giving stuff away but in reality we received far more by meeting and chatting to other j'ters.
Unapam........thanks for the continuous inspiration
Kilk & Ocker.............Thanks for making me smile just about everytime you post. Your banter is great.
Dave H & Chris P......... no accolade would do justice to your sterling work. Thank you.
Tribesman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 10:01 PM #10
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman06
May I hereby thank Baroness Bunty for her thoughtfulness and kindness to our children when she arrived to collect some furniture from us. We thought we were great giving stuff away but in reality we received far more by meeting and chatting to other j'ters.
Unapam........thanks for the continuous inspiration
Kilk & Ocker.............Thanks for making me smile just about everytime you post. Your banter is great.
Dave H & Chris P......... no accolade would do justice to your sterling work. Thank you.

Earl Tribesman06 you could write speeches for the oscars!! Or for the film festival in the city if tribes!! :-)
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 10:08 PM #11
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Earl Tribesman06 you could write speeches for the oscars!! Or for the film festival in the city if tribes!! :-)
Very true, bluecurlygirl -- it's a great post with fine prose and even finer sentiments.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 11:12 PM #12
bluecurlygirl

Isn't it though. Very nicely put Tribesman. And lovely sentiments like Chris said. Fair play to ya. It must be a win win situation. Haven't actually met a giver yet but I'm still living in hope!! Maybe I shouldn't keep checking to see if anyone's put up a luxury liner!! And maybe I should offer more stuff too (have a lovely dining table that could be making it's merry way here if it doesn't get sold soon)
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 11:38 PM #13
kilk

hi bluecurlygirl, put the table on jt! money won't make you happy but giving will!
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 11:39 PM #14
jumblequeen

Oops........I was sooooooo big headed as to take the title of queen....... I should give my crown to unapam......lol....... or try to earn the privilage to use it.
jumblequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 11:58 PM #15
bluecurlygirl

Oh yeah to hell with it you're right. I can then try to get my sitting room organised as it's huge and has two big pedastal legs that are stairing at me right now! (leaving the typo - furniture related without knowing!) Putting up now. Look out guys - it's good. Gimme 10 minutes.