JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 14-06-2009 , 11:26 AM #1
MandyD

Default Trades and services bartering forum?

But I was wondering if anyone had ever suggested a kind of trades and services bartering forum?
For example, a typical ad would go something like this... "Plumber requires services of electrician, will trade work for work"

What does everyone think?

I know there are things we need done in the house, but in this recession just can't afford to get in the professionals. Hubby is a professional painter, and I'm handy with computers...so was thinking we could all kind of trade our own skills. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that needs things done but lacks the cash to get it done. Plus, we'd be recycling ourselves!! hehe
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 14-06-2009 , 11:34 AM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyD
But I was wondering if anyone had ever suggested a kind of trades and services bartering forum?
For example, a typical ad would go something like this... "Plumber requires services of electrician, will trade work for work"

What does everyone think?

I know there are things we need done in the house, but in this recession just can't afford to get in the professionals. Hubby is a professional painter, and I'm handy with computers...so was thinking we could all kind of trade our own skills. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that needs things done but lacks the cash to get it done. Plus, we'd be recycling ourselves!! hehe
Hi MandyD,

A dedicated forum for trades and services has been suggested before but right from the very start the developers and managers of JumbleTown decided that the site would be solely for the Giving and Taking of free items, and that transactions such as swapping, selling, buying, auctioning, borrowing and lending would be prohibited.

Facilitating one type of transaction is enough work for us :)

There are, however, a number of sites that facilitate the swapping of items and skills/trades/services. Put in a google search for "skill swap" and "barter."

An example:

http://www.u-exchange.com/membersearch

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 14-06-2009 , 11:36 AM #3
MandyD

Hey thanks Chris! I'll check those sites out.
Closed Thread