JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 22-11-2008 , 04:13 PM #1
betsy10112000

Default Christmas Cards - are JTers happy to receive them?

Hi just thought that maybe i could spread a little christmas cheer (you do know its only 33 days til christmas,lol)
I just wanted to get an overall opinion from the good old JTers out there.I want to send out a christmas card to all the JTers i have received fab items from (that i still have the address for) and wondered if the majority of you JTers would be ok to receive them.i know some people may feel arkward receiving them so just want to find out if it was a good idea or not?

Never really made my own christmas cards before and thinking of starting this year,recycling bits and bobs around the house to make them of course.

Everyones opinions are much appreciated
Betsy
betsy10112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 22-11-2008 , 11:19 PM #2
Erica08xx

I dont think anyone would feel akward getting christmas cards if they gave you there addresses already especially if they are recycled (which i think is a great idea) i know i love getting christmas cards. its good christmas spirit and shows not only where you greatful but you gave another taught to the generous people who gave. I wouldn think anyone would mind getting one after all its nice to recieve a little taught over the christmas considering most people give so little taught to themselves and mostly to others at christmas.
I Reckon it would bring a smile to each person who recieves one (especially so unexpected from a jt'er) and that cant be bad can it :)

Regards & Early Christmas greetings to everyone,

Erica
Erica08xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-11-2008 , 11:28 PM #3
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica08xx
I dont think anyone would feel akward getting christmas cards if they gave you there addresses already especially if they are recycled (which i think is a great idea) i know i love getting christmas cards. its good christmas spirit and shows not only where you greatful but you gave another taught to the generous people who gave. I wouldn think anyone would mind getting one after all its nice to recieve a little taught over the christmas considering most people give so little taught to themselves and mostly to others at christmas.
I Reckon it would bring a smile to each person who recieves one (especially so unexpected from a jt'er) and that cant be bad can it :)

Regards & Early Christmas greetings to everyone,

Erica
thats exactly what i was trying to say :) couldnt think of it at the time.better get searching through my stuff now and see if i can rustle up a few christmas cards,lol
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 11:44 AM #4
Stuarty

I dont think I would like to get Christmas Cards, its a bit grumpy but I dont really believe in cards. I think a pm to wish Happy Christmas would be better, I get more of thrill from a pm and its even more environmentally friendly!
Stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 04:28 PM #5
HappyHunter

I save paper by sending e-cards or just creating a page on my website wishing everyone a Happy Christmas - the thought is nice though - save a few quid by sending e-cards or as suggested - sending a PM.
HappyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 07:18 PM #6
magiceight

e-cards are a great alternative, and a lot of charities etc. have them on their websites.

Great ones at www.care2.com

There are also a few good sites where you can make up your own and customise them exactly as you want them, free of charge.
magiceight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 08:11 PM #7
kilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy10112000
Hi just thought that maybe i could spread a little christmas cheer (you do know its only 33 days til christmas,lol)

I want to send out a christmas card to all the JTers i have received fab items from.
Betsy

hi Betsy,
ive not had the pleasure of giving or taking items off you but if i give you my address perhaps you could recycle it (the address) and put it on a card and post it back to me.
it would certainly brighten up my lonely monastic existance here on the bog especially at this time of year when there are no tourists about.

Happy Christmas

Kilk
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 10:09 PM #8
Repunzellxx

I think e-cards are a little less taughtfull seems the easy way out i love christmas cards.
Repunzellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-11-2008 , 09:51 AM #9
cavalin

Default xmas cheer

well for what its worth l think its a beautifull idea,l know l love to get cards and my girls reuse them all ,we,ve even cut and used them on our xmas tree as decorations(kids love doing it) made mobiles ,gift cards etc if you think its a good idea don,t let anyone stop you!and you never know you might even get some your end as well.
cavalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-11-2008 , 05:31 PM #10
misstake

Default christmas cards

Im one of those who buy cards from charitys and write them but always forget to post them Then i get cards in the post and get embarressed because i never sent mine lol So no point saying i will send some as no doubt i wont post them lol
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-11-2008 , 08:52 PM #11
betsy10112000

Default christmas cards

well bit of a mixed reaction really. Kilk send me your address and i will def send you a christmas card.lol

well think i have made my mind up!!!

you good old JTers WILL be getting christmas cards.
cant promise they will be any good or anything (never made my own cards before)

maybe in the new year we could start a new thread on what ways we could recycle all the cards we received off other JTers.lol

sorry in advance if you receive a card and didnt want one, I cant win them all but hopefully it will put a smile on most of your faces :)
Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 02:28 PM #12
kiara

yes, i love getting/sending xmas cards it really makes it feel like xmas, kiara x
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote