JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 15-01-2009 , 12:55 AM #16
jenniferalan

haha Linn, i think id prob be like ur mum if i was let!!

i agree with the previous posters when the place is cluttered ur head is cluttered and u cant sort anything cos the place is in a mess!

i have given away alot today on the site and im hoping they will all go asap so i can make space!...may this be the first of many give aways...helping others and clearing space woohoo my good deed done for the day lol!

(partner is giving out cos were buying our own house and he says all my stuff will never fit lol)
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-01-2009 , 06:35 PM #17
Teish

Location: Away with the fairies most of the time but physically Cork
Default Me too!

Hands up. Im a hoarder too. But like alot of you I'm trying - for everything new I bring in, I try to move something else on or out. Not so easy though because I'm so attached to every little thing.

A few times in the past I've been "ruthless" to clear my space & clear my head & then always, eventually I forget that 'that cute little top that'll go great with these jeans' or 'those fab patterned tights' or 'that huge teddy that my niece will love' have been moved on & I miss them all over again.

My advice - out of sight out of mind - put all the stuff you love in a box in the attic or a wardrobe or cupboard & keep it for as long as it takes until you only like it.
Teish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-01-2009 , 06:57 PM #18
elbo

Default clutter

We Mums keep things because they are sentimental to us and remind us of the time our daughter/son wore/passed exam/knit/wedding days/baby/etc.etc/
How can we let go of the memories?
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-01-2009 , 09:10 PM #19
MandyD

I still have the stubs off my Debs tickets o^O

I'm a super hoarder too.

I swear it, I am going to clean out the press under the stairs (as soon as the doors I got from JT are out of the way of it and HUNG!!) if I don't kill hubby first.
And I'm going to have a clear out of all the books in the attic too... I think I still have toys up there from when the kids were babies....oh dear...when I think of all the stuff I have aquired and not gotten rid of...... *scratches head*
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-01-2009 , 09:19 PM #20
Faroutthere

My motto was ....... only have what can fit in a backpack.
unfortinately I no longer live by this and have now had to get more shelving for my new garage!!!!

Just dump it

good luck!
Faroutthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-01-2009 , 01:12 PM #21
bluecurlygirl

Default Where do I sign up?

I'm a super hoarder too. Within a very short time of moving into the house I still live in, I had the attic stuffed which is a fire hazard I know. I have my son's teeth. I have four broken dvd players, video player, stereos.... when I get round to it all ye jumbletowners will have a field day (I hope). Gotta get my camera fixed first (oh yeah, I've about 3 broken digital cameras!!) And my head is completely cluttered. The worse room in the house is my bedroom. Every time I sort out another room I put stuff in my room "temporarily". One of these days the wardrobe's gonna fall on top of me with the weight of the stuff on top of it.

Kilkie, the best way to declutter is to get someone else to do it for you? Are ya offerin'? I'll pay for your bus fare up to Cavan if ya are ;-)
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-01-2009 , 09:06 PM #22
Gabsdot

I am definitely not a hoarder. can I still contribute to the discussion. Some of your houses sound like Disneyland to me. I like nothing better than a good clear-out.

The only exception is that I have kept all my son's baby clothes, toys, playschool art etc. But it is organised and kept in boxes in the (very tidy) attic.

Please don't hate me.
Gabsdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-01-2009 , 10:24 PM #23
Hotlipsxx01

Default hoarders anonymous

i feel you pain, its similar to my own

i want to keep everything, i ask myself why, i have a glass of wine, i look at the chaos and I sip some more

swopping is a good idea though

I think I could bring myself to do that
Hotlipsxx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-01-2009 , 10:33 PM #24
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicooke
my boyfriend is a money horder lol
he thinks bad of spending money, we have a new baby so i dont work, when he gets paid of a friday, we split money after bills, my money would be gone by the monday and he would still have money on the following payday, probably because im like kiara----shopaholic for the kids, ive only the one and every time we go into tesco, dunnes stores or penneys i race straight to the baby section, i cant leave the shop without something for her, even if its only a hat or booties or even a blanket, i have to buy something..

but im not a horder! lol

Tut tut... denial! When your ready to admit you have a problem we'll all be here for you, lol, Kiara x
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-01-2009 , 02:22 AM #25
lee2009

Default hoarger

hi hun,
im the very same i have things since i was a child,
things ill never use,
that are stuck up in my attic,
1 in perticular is a glass coloured fish my dad gave me when i was about five,
its tail is all broken and i stil ave it in a box in my attic:-) but my opinon is is its in the attic and not in ur way hold on to them, cause ther nice to look back on,

lee2009 x
lee2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 12:22 AM #26
erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl

Kilkie, the best way to declutter is to get someone else to do it for you? Are ya offerin'? I'll pay for your bus fare up to Cavan if ya are ;-)

Don't you dare make Kilk an offer like that!! I've just come back from decluttering a room for him and I had to pretend I wanted some of the stuff so I could take it to the bin!!

If he de-clutters your house it will end up in his house and Oh NOOOOO... I'll have to start all over again.

Please please.... don't go there!

Kilk, your secret is out.... this thread was written for you!
erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 01:23 AM #27
Mumof3

There is a saying that if you havent used something for 1 year then you should get rid and I usually do that. But now that I have got used to Jumbletown nothing will be binned now and I have felt terrible putting things in the bin before but now it will be much easier knowing that there is somebody who wants the stuff that I am now finished with... regards.
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 10:49 AM #28
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica
Don't you dare make Kilk an offer like that!! I've just come back from decluttering a room for him and I had to pretend I wanted some of the stuff so I could take it to the bin!!

If he de-clutters your house it will end up in his house and Oh NOOOOO... I'll have to start all over again.

Please please.... don't go there!

Kilk, your secret is out.... this thread was written for you!

Hee heee, nice one Erica. Oh kilk I'm so disappointed now. I thought you were super efficient. I hope you at least made Erica a nice cup of tea for her efforts. Then do you wanna come up Erica and do mine?
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 10:51 AM #29
kilk

im sayin nothin an gonna keep on sayin it!
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 08:17 PM #30
erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Hee heee, nice one Erica. Oh kilk I'm so disappointed now. I thought you were super efficient. I hope you at least made Erica a nice cup of tea for her efforts. Then do you wanna come up Erica and do mine?

Yea, he makes a good cup of tea, I'll say that for him! And yes, I'm good at de-cluttering cos I am most definitely not a hoarder! Problem would be to find the time.... so if you come and clean my house and do my ironing, I will de-clutter for you.... Deal ? lol

A friend of mine moved about two years ago and finally de-cluttered but now she is accumulating all over again..... it's like her house grows smaller every time I visit cos she has more and more stuff! I think it is hard to change the habit of a lifetime.
erica is offline   Reply With Quote