JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 22-10-2009 , 09:41 PM #1
minnie pal

Default vinyl tile flooring- vote needed again....***

I am making a mess of choosing these. Been to B&Q twice, and home base twice. At homebase i bought black and white squared ones but they were very 'in your face' for the whole of my tiny bungalow, returned them and bought a wishy washy and far more expensive marble type creamy/pink larger tile, oh dear, so ordinary.
whats to be done, whats to be done!!!!
any suggestions here, the floor is defeating me mega here.
I want to get it right.
Will i go for white with a rough texture, it looks great but i am afraid it will get dirty looking but either of the ones i chose are smooth and might get deep scratches...
the white looks so uplifting! would sparkle.
minnie pal
minnie pal is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 22-10-2009 , 11:13 PM #2
mw100860

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie pal
I am making a mess of choosing these. Been to B&Q twice, and home base twice. At homebase i bought black and white squared ones but they were very 'in your face' for the whole of my tiny bungalow, returned them and bought a wishy washy and far more expensive marble type creamy/pink larger tile, oh dear, so ordinary.
whats to be done, whats to be done!!!!
any suggestions here, the floor is defeating me mega here.
I want to get it right.
Will i go for white with a rough texture, it looks great but i am afraid it will get dirty looking but either of the ones i chose are smooth and might get deep scratches...
the white looks so uplifting! would sparkle.
minnie pal
Hi Minnie, why not go for a wood effect vinyl floor, its warm and not too in your face. Some of those vinyls look like the real thing. For what it's worth, I have black and white ceramic tiles on my hall floor, also a bungalow, the reason being that they would go with any paint I chose to put on the walls, currently a pale blue/grey.
mw100860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-10-2009 , 11:22 PM #3
minnie pal

Default thanks

yes, i like the black and white but when i have a weeny place, you wouldnt believe how small for it to be throughout the hoose is too much.
the other is against my artistic principals!!!
xminnie pal
Old Posted: 23-10-2009 , 11:08 AM #4
smalldog1

Default vinyl floor covering

hi, i would go for something with a lot of white, it makes the place bigger looking, and will give you incentive to keep it mopped regularly!........i have white floor tiles in my bathroom because its so small and it made a world of difference......it always looks clean (well nearly always!).........good luck
smalldog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-10-2009 , 08:14 PM #5
maggied

Default tile dilemma

hi colour minnie pal
about your tiles i would def go with a stone colour tile in larger size maybe 11"by18" larger tiles will always look better in small areas ..dont ask .. it just works . stone colour may sound boring but you will be high fiving when keeping clean , re decoraating and living with them .having said that if you have your heart set on black go for same size as above .hope this helps
regards
maggie
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-10-2009 , 10:23 PM #6
ilikecake

Default floor

what about slate flagstones? I had them in my last house. I got the brownish coloured ones but they had lots of orange and green and other colours and patterns speckled through which looked fab - you can get pre varnished ones which are lovely and shiny, and (bonus!) you had to look really close to see if the floor needed cleaning!! I had plain black ones in another room but you could always see the dust when they hadn't been cleaned...
ilikecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 09:52 PM #7
minnie pal

Default decided!

pricey, but am going for 'soft loft' clip laminate flooring.

It looks like real floor boards that have been 'lime washed' well thats the term we used for frames done this way in art paintings.

I think it will look stylish.
xminnie pal
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 10:09 PM #8
chucken1

Default flooring

Hi minnie. Glad im not the only one trying to decide on flooring!! Trying to decide how to do sitting room...Tell me, where do you get the flooring you,ve choosen? It sounds lovely.
chucken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 10:59 PM #9
minnie pal

Default soft loft

I am getting it from Kelly's in Sallynoggin, beside Woodies. Within spitting distance of me hoose, if around come for tea!!!!
xminnie pal
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 11:08 PM #10
chucken1

Default flooring

Aw arent you sweet!! Bit of a way to go for me, Im in Clare. You might put up a few pics when you,re organised. Im curious now!!
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 11:30 PM #11
chucken1

Default flooring

Just looked up lime washed flooring..its really lovely.But while on that page i stumbled on this..NATURAL WAY OF REARING CHILDREN..Its advisable to have the coop made with removable floor..wheat may be served for dinner and clipped oats for supper.soft foods should not be given at any time during the rearing period..LOL....OK OK i know they mean chickens...I THINK..hehehe
Old Posted: 31-10-2009 , 11:57 PM #12
minnie pal

Default chuken so funny!

hi everyone, voting need end, my flooring is down and looks really really fantastic. it was traumatic though, as they wanted to cancel day, i refused as up tight about it all, then the guy i engaged to help me shift furniture didnt show and the second one the following day car broke down, i felt jinxed.
its done and dusted.
thanks everyone. will post images soon.
minnie pal