JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 29-06-2008 , 10:00 PM #16
kilk

i was pmd by a car booter recently for something i had posted, i refused because i knew where it would go. however, nobody else took it and i am left with it now and it has become an eyesore.

in hindsight i realise that car booting must sometimes be hard work, an early start, a long day in the wet and cold. making a profit or not.
and also the stuff that i could have got rid of would eventually end up with somebody who needed it which was what i wanted originally.

if i give money to a charity etc i have no idea if that money actually goes to the ppl i intended it for or to line somebody's pocket.

so i think the best attitude is to give for the sake of giving and not to worry about what happens next. then it's out of your mind and out of your space.

live and learn!
kilk
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 09:27 PM #17
kellyk

Default wouldnt agree sorry

Hey Kilk

Sorry I wouldnt agree. I just find it soooo very frustrating as Im sure many ppl do that some ppl are just taking the micky and trying to get everything they can from this site. If they took things to sell on now and then.........well I could live with that but when they dont give ANYONE else a chance and get in there and get all the stuff to sell on well I think its just lousy.
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 09:39 PM #18
kilk

they may get in there first but it is up to the giver to choose who to give it to. i find by looking at potential takers other posts and threads can give a fair idea of whether a person is a dealer or not. anyhow at this stage i have almost cleaned out the house unless anybody would like some used wallpaper... and a mother-in-law..
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 10:03 PM #19
kellyk

Default Well I have a fair idea 2

I have a fair idea as well. I just think its lousy. There are really ppl on here looking for things for others and personally I am looking for some stuff as well as I dont have lots of money to flash around. I hand on heart think its cool that ppl look out for others I think its the way it should be I really do. If ppl have have '00000 of threads then so be it. Like I said its just lousy when ppl lie to get things and then sell it on thats all. Hopefully ppl will get wise to these ppl and see through them.

PS loved your comment on the £20 pound note :)
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 10:17 PM #20
ace

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk
I have a fair idea as well. I just think its lousy. There are really ppl on here looking for things for others and personally I am looking for some stuff as well as I dont have lots of money to flash around. I hand on heart think its cool that ppl look out for others I think its the way it should be I really do. If ppl have have '00000 of threads then so be it. Like I said its just lousy when ppl lie to get things and then sell it on thats all. Hopefully ppl will get wise to these ppl and see through them.

PS loved your comment on the £20 pound note :)
I totally agree with all kellyk says.
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 10:19 PM #21
kilk

thank you both for your nice comment on my comment!
Old Posted: 30-06-2008 , 10:21 PM #22
milliminx

Default resell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace
I totally agree with all kellyk says.
totally agree with what is being said i noticed a thread which said they had 3 kids as they got no reponse it became 7 kids and low and behold there pregnant again ??? i watch with interest regards
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 01:50 AM #23
marie065

i agree with the above its a shame that some of the stuff is been taken and sold when it could genuinely to go someone that really needs it
cheers marie
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 07:07 AM #24
dublin gal

but do you ever know who really needs it ? i think its impossible to judge , they could be requesting things for other people , family , friends . i have gotten pms from people telling me not to give to so and so they are selling , give it me instead !!! lol if they are looking to make a few bob fair play , they might not need the item but they may need to money they make . i know what you mean about the sob stories i hate them , note your interest and leave it at that , or the wanted ads that are posted a few minutes after you have posted an item , and i dont mean bumped . so i agree with kilk , give for the sake of giving , because you never really know anyway .
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 08:19 AM #25
kellyk

Default Why cant ppl tell the truth

Well if the people were honest about it than I don’t think I would mind. Like Chris said it’s their business what they do with it and it is impossible for JT to police. It’s just the lying that really gets to me and the fact they stop others from getting anything. I agree with Kilk when he says sure isn’t it better for someone to get it than no one but why can the ppl just not be honest and say look I am a car booter etc and you would be helping me out if I got this. Its transparent honest and the giver can make an informed choice about who to give it to then.
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 08:59 AM #26
dublin gal

yes thats a good point :-)
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 09:40 AM #27
kilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk
be honest and say look I am a car booter etc and you would be helping me out if I got this. Its transparent honest and the giver can make an informed choice about who to give it to then.

would you really give to a person who says this about themselves, honestly!!
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 10:04 AM #28
kellyk

Default Honestly !!!!!

Honestly what Id like to think I would do is the following. If I did have something to give away I would post on JT as normal. If I got answers and one of them was from a car booter that openly admitted they were a car booter than I honestly probably wouldn’t give it to them at first. If no one else was interested in it then yea why not let someone make a buck out of it. Making a buck out of what others do not want is not what I think is wrong. What I think is wrong is ppl hogging the forum taking everything that is going, & not being honest by letting the givers know they are car booters and then going on to sell it.
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 10:17 AM #29
dublin gal

well when its gone its gone , and you never really know what happens , i do think everyone should get a fair shout , be it first reply or last reply , ad in wanted section or not , so regardless of how many before you, note your interest and if you get it great happy days, if not so be it .
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 10:20 AM #30
kilk

if nobody else was interested in your wares chances are the car booter wouldn't either because they would be trying to sell to ordinary ppl just like those on jt!
some ppl get in first and may lie, not perhaps because they are booters but hoarders. i know ppl who are addicted to gathering stuff, you won't find a place to sit in their houses and they wouldn't spend christmas!
Closed Thread