JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 29-07-2008 , 03:27 PM #1
abbamaniac

Default Before Posting An Item

Why Dont People Check The Wanted Section Before Posting An Item To See Who Looking For That Item,it Would Be Better To Go To Someone Who Looking For It Rather Than Someone Asking For It Saying They Had An Add In The Wanted Section When A %of Them Dont.it Just Seems Fairer.
abbamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 29-07-2008 , 03:55 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz08
Why Dont People Check The Wanted Section Before Posting An Item To See Who Looking For That Item,it Would Be Better To Go To Someone Who Looking For It Rather Than Someone Asking For It Saying They Had An Add In The Wanted Section When A %of Them Dont.it Just Seems Fairer.
Hi debz08,

As everyone knows, Givers have two choices: (1) to post their item in the Givers' forums or (2) to post a note on a thread/ad started by a potential Taker in the Wanted forum. (Givers should use the Search function at the top right of the Wanted listings, which produces a list of people looking for an item.)

The advantage of posting in the Givers' forums is that usually there is an immediate response from Members on-line at that moment, whereas there may be a delay in the Giving and Taking process if the Member with the Wanted ad is off-line when the offer is made.

It is up to the Giver to decide whether they post in the Givers' forums or the Wanted forum, or in both.

As I've stated before on other threads, the Wanted forum was never meant to play a central part in the life of JumbleTown -- it was something of an afterthought. The main idea of the site is "I have an item, do you want it?" and not "I need this item, do you have it?"

Thanks for the feedback, debz08.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-07-2008 , 04:03 PM #3
tudlytops

Chris as usual makes his point very well, but the truth is that the wanted section as become a big part of JT.

And I do agree with you debz08, I tend to do a search in the wanted section before posting an item, same way as I have posted many smaller items to people, it's not that hard and it makes someone else happy.

But like Chris says, it's the givers choice.

Tudly
tudlytops is offline   Reply With Quote