JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 01-12-2008 , 11:26 PM #46
bluecurlygirl

Default What about this too guys?

I have loads of this paper that I had left over from a wedding invitation order. I think this is lovely.
Attached Images

bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 09:49 AM #47
Elnr83

Oh Lord that is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time!!

I think my Yorkie might have to get one of those :)

How did you do the writing? Do you have a mega fancy sewing machine?
Elnr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 09:50 AM #48
Elnr83

Default Beautiful

That is beautiful Bluecurlygirl!!

I was actually thinking of asking you for some of that paper for arts & crafts. (it is you giving it away right). Also I am looking for ideas for my home made wedding invitations and these might be perfect!

Is there any left?
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 12:07 PM #49
Elnr83

My apologies to Bluecurlygirl!

Here is the person giving away music sheets...

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=38949
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 12:51 PM #50
unapam

Default sewing machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnr83
Oh Lord that is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time!!

I think my Yorkie might have to get one of those :)

How did you do the writing? Do you have a mega fancy sewing machine?

My sewing machine embroiders for me. I'm afraid I'm not that good by hand!

You could do the same thing with a Tippex pen (the one with a really fine point) and put dots around the edge instead.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 12:52 PM #51
unapam

Default music decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
I have loads of this paper that I had left over from a wedding invitation order. I think this is lovely.

How are they done? I absolutely love them and have some music paper.
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 12:56 PM #52
Elnr83

So do you just write it out and follow it with the sewing machine yourself? or do you have a fancy thing to type into and the machine does itself!
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 01:58 PM #53
bluecurlygirl

Default Origami

I'll post up the link to the craft site this evening when I get home from work. They're gorgeous aren't they?
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 02:01 PM #54
bluecurlygirl

Default Here you go actually...

Domesticali shares a photo tutorial showing us how to make these sweet origami mini-wreath ornaments. I love that she used sheet music to make these--very ...
blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/11/how_to_origami_miniwreaths.html
Labeled CRAFT:Blog

Okay I tried to get into that myself & it didn't work. Someone else posted up craftzine link on this thread and I found a treasure trove on it! Really worth a look - chairs out of clothes hangers!! Anyway, go to www.craftzine.com and search for origami wreaths and you'll get the link that way. Have fun! I am.
Old Posted: 02-12-2008 , 05:59 PM #55
unapam

Default wreaths and dog bandana

Hi, my sewing machine has a microchip so I just have to type in the words and it does it for me. Before I had that I used to use the Tippex pen for things like this. (Tippex is indestructable and washable...have you ever tried to get it out of you clothes?)

I found the exact tutorial for the music wreath on www.domesticali.typepad.com It is a blog posted late November. So click on November in the Archives on the right hand side and scroll down.

I printed it off and I am going to try it tonight. It looks REALLY easy. I'll post a pic if it works out.

UPDATE: I made it and it is easy. Here is a photo and another of it in situ hanging from the candle holder
Attached Images

Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 10:24 AM #56
bluecurlygirl

Default Me too

I made mine last night and it only took a few minutes. The instructions sounded tricky but when you put it into practice it's no probs. And they're so cute.
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 10:27 AM #57
Elnr83

Default Instructions

I can't see that site in work :'(

Is there any chance if someone gets a chance they could copy and paste it into this thread?

Looks beautiful by the way Unapam!!
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 10:59 AM #58
bluecurlygirl

Default This is the thread but the pictures didn't come out on it!

A little paper ornament - simple to make, perfect for popping inside a Christmas Card. Want to have a go? I promised a tutorial, so here's what to do.

You'll need to begin with a rectangle of paper 4cm wide by 8 cm long. Choose paper with a bit of body - really lightweight stuff won't hold the folds as well or appear 3 dimensional when finished. I'm using some nice old sheet music.

Fold your rectangle in half lengthwise ( keep the prettier side out if your paper is only patterned on one side) to give you a folded strip 8cm by 2cm.

Fold in half crosswise so your piece is now 4cm by 2cm (like the one on the left). You then need to fold down the corners at each end of the strip.

Hold your folded strip with the open edges to the top. Grab both layers of the top right hand side and fold them at 45 degrees to meet the bottom edge. Then do the same with the top left hand side.

You will be left with shapes like this. Each wreath takes 8 of them to complete.

Hold the first piece by the points. If you look carefully at the top edge, you'll see that there are two little pockets formed between the layers of paper. If you imagine they are numbered 1 2 3 and 4, you need to slide one folded point of the next piece, between layers 1 and 2 and the other between layers 3 and 4.

I wish I could just show you, it'd be a lot easier! But try it, it's simpler than I am making it sound.

Push the second piece down into the first until the tips touch the bottom of the pocket.

Then go on with the third piece in exactly the same way.

Continue round. The eighth and final piece gets the tips of the first piece tucked into its pocket to complete the circle.

Fiddle with them to adjust so the wreath looks an even shape.

I added a hanging loop by threading a bit of embroidery cotton through one of the tips using a needle.

You could go to town with fancy Christmas papers, upcycled glossy magazines, text from an old book - the origami wreath world is your oyster.
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 12:05 PM #59
wendywii

Default lovely smelly decorations

hi there just another idea for decorations and ofcourse they smell very festive too...
you'll need some fine cinnamon and some applesauce (if you dont have applesauce, craft glue will do)
mix together till you get it in a dough, roll out flat, use cookie cutters to cut shapes (great fun for little ones) and poke a little hole at the top. dry on radators or bake at low temp in oven till dry - you can then use glue and glitter ( i use the cheap glitter glue tubes you buy at the pound shop). The smell is out of the world... no need for those pesky plug ins... LOVE IT!!
wendywii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 12:13 PM #60
wendywii

you can also paint glass bottles with cheap glass paint you get from craft stores, pop in a tealight , poke some holes in the lid for ventilation and Voila! I spray my shrubs outside with glitter spray and place "tealight bottles" with lids on all around. The sparkle from the litter by candle light is amazing!!
wendywii is offline   Reply With Quote