JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 03:05 PM #61
bluecurlygirl

Default Thanks wendywii

Love the name too - I have visions of a happy woman always twirling!! Lovely ideas. Was going to make the jar lights anyway but hadn't thought of the glitter on the plants outside! Very interesting.

Thanks again,

Emer
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 04:17 PM #62
Elnr83

Default Bored in work

I'm making these in work ha ha!!

Beats doing any real work!!
Attached Images

Elnr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 04:39 PM #63
bluecurlygirl

Default Very nice!

I like it - very colourful.
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 10:00 PM #64
greenone

Oh wow - I feel utterly inadequate. I have as much craft ability as the wall in front of me. How I wish I could do all the fantastic stuff. Thanks for all the ideas, I might just try something. I love the CD ideas. I hate hate hate it when I buy a newspaper and there is a stupid CD in it. I cant bear to throw it in the bin, so I keep them, forever!!
Any ideas for plastic tubs. I am a bad person who buys vanish stain remover powder in the big pink tubs and those yummy mini snowballs in Lidl. And although I put them in the green bin, I worry that they are still going to end up in landfill. I have some beside my desk and I shove pens and scrap into them.
Thanks and keep up the good work. And thanks for the links to the great craft sites too! :o)
greenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 11:28 PM #65
bluecurlygirl

Default Idea for Greenone

... and anyone else that wants it. Don't know quite how to do it yet but fill one with sand maybe and cover it with some scrap paper (or photos of christmases past!) Make a small christmas tree to plant in it give it pride of place! Few pebbles, leaves on top!! Going looking for plastic tub...

Love the post you left on budget wedding tips by the way - your aunt is a clever lady! Thanks for sharing - it's gorgeous.
Sorry for subject change - back to thread sub, & search for tub!!!!
Old Posted: 03-12-2008 , 11:48 PM #66
unapam

Default Rag Wreath

This wreath was made from a piece of strong cardboard. I used a large plate to draw the shape and then a small plate to draw the opening inside. Cut them out.

Then I roughly cut out strips of white fabric (from Maxi -JT member) and wound it round the shape. Next I cut three long strips of same fabric and loosely plaited it and stitched the plait over the covering fabric.

Cut out some dove shapes from vintage music paper (from Shuvmed JT member) and hung a paper star (as seen earlier on this thread) and an old ornament from it.

Finished it off with a piece of white crushed velvet loosely tied into a bow(also from Maxi)...

...And voila! a very shabby chic Christmas wreath. There are threads and rough edges visible but that is part of the shabby charm (so says I anyway!)
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 12:01 AM #67
bluecurlygirl

Default Absolutely stunning

I'm definitely going to do this now. Thank you so much Unapam - (personal note - don't give up on the card please.)
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 09:40 AM #68
wendywii

Default tubs

Why not paint the plastic pots and tubs or decoupage them with paper. Stick those wobbly eyes on (the large ones) a red pom pom nose and a big smile. Make two little holes in the bottom. Thread two pieces of string or bendy wire through the holes ( make sure the ends in the tub / pot is tied in a knot). I use old wine bottle corks, paint them black, poke a hole through them and thread through the wire / string. This is the legs for your little tub man. Fill with sand and place on the edge of windowsill. a little festive windowsill sitter! I think if you had a little plant in there like rosemary or thyme, it can be the little sitters hair. I think your little one would have great craic giving them haircuts!!
ps. a little tip - I also use a bit of bonding - just a layer or two over the paint and eyes - irish weather will wash everything away if they sit outside. Inside, they'll be fine.
wendywii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 10:03 AM #69
wendywii

if you can pull the labels off the tubs, you can make your own little gift tub. Fill with bath goodies etc. It will make a lovely gift. Or maybe if you have friend who can take a joke, you can use the vanish tubs (i dont know if you can remove the label, its printed onto the plastic isn't it?) with some household cleaning goodies, maybe a pair of gloves, a dishcloth, a little scrubbing brush, a little sample bottle of handlotion.... a gift voucher for grocery shop such as dunnes or tesco?h
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 10:17 AM #70
wendywii

ahhhhh bluecurlygirl, you've inspired me now to start a new thread... hahahaha we'll call it "recession x-mas gift ideas" hahahaha
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 10:49 AM #71
paprika

Default fabric wreath

If you cut a few sticks and plait them together and tie bits of tiny left over fabric scraps and ribbons on it and hang a heart shape or something in the middle you gonna have a lovely wreath from material you couldn't really use for anything else.
It's a pity I don't have enough fabric scraps to make one... :(

For the window you can use glass paint too, it's lovely, you can draw angels, snow covered houses, snowflakes...
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 06:01 PM #72
rccrchickie

Default Tea Bag Folding

You could try tea bag folding. Stick two together back to back, with ribbon in between to make a loop.

Details on how to do a basic Tea Back Fold can be found here, however there are many ways to fold these.

http://www.cardinspirations.co.uk/te...ag_folding.htm

It was the photographs from bluecurlygirl, Elnr83 and Unapam that reminded me of this. Thanks for the memory jog.
rccrchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 06:16 PM #73
rccrchickie

Default Tea Bag Folding #2

Here is another tea bag folding site, with more ways of folding.

http://www.geocities.com/teabagfolding/index.html

Hope they are helpful.
rccrchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-12-2008 , 11:29 PM #74
greenone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywii
if you can pull the labels off the tubs, you can make your own little gift tub. Fill with bath goodies etc. It will make a lovely gift. Or maybe if you have friend who can take a joke, you can use the vanish tubs (i dont know if you can remove the label, its printed onto the plastic isn't it?) with some household cleaning goodies, maybe a pair of gloves, a dishcloth, a little scrubbing brush, a little sample bottle of handlotion.... a gift voucher for grocery shop such as dunnes or tesco?h

I would love to see the faces on certain people if I did that - lol!!

Seriously though - isn't this Christmas present thing outrageous. We'll all be back here in Jan giving away stuff that we already have 20 off. Maybe we can swap around for what we really need!
greenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-12-2008 , 12:24 AM #75
Bawnie

Default Tubs

What about thinking of children when you re-use those tubs? What about filling them with home made playdough or little treats? Or just turn them upsidown paint silver or gold and make into large Christmas bells!! Good luck with them!

You could also make them into a pot sitting down guy!! One for base, turned down open side up, then glue another on opposite of course and on and on, hope you get the idea!!
Bawnie is offline   Reply With Quote