JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 21-11-2009 , 12:30 PM #1
filo

Default Help - Leak

Hi all, Got up this morning to discover due to the rain a leak in my son's room. It is coming from the celing at the window. Now, what do i do about this? The builders are in the estate to do the snag list but i wont see them till Monday and if it keeps raining its still going to keep leaking.

Any ideas please?

Karen
Attached Images

filo is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 21-11-2009 , 12:41 PM #2
misstake

Default leak

If you can get into your attic see if its external or a leaking pipe if its external means some slates are missing maby a bin or large container under it until help arrives and plenty of plastic
OK maby not any help but its what i woulsd do
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-11-2009 , 12:57 PM #3
filo

Default Leak

Hi Misstake, Thanks for the reply.

I cant get up into the attic because ive no ladder but i dont think the attic goes over that part. Im in an upstairs apartment but my door is downstairs. There is a bit of the bedroom that extends over the front door so it has like a steel casing and thats wher the window is and looking at the window from the outside the external wall doesnt come out that far. Hope you can picture it! I think it might be coming in from the gutter but cant be certain. And its spreading...

Karen
Old Posted: 22-11-2009 , 02:51 PM #4
Athy55

Default Leak

You poor love. I doubt it's the gutter because water would still have to get through steel - unless there's a gap in the steel. It could be leaking through that way. You are probably stressed out with it all. We have a leak in the ceiling in our bathroom, we have searched attic to see where it's coming from and can find nothing, but I'm stressed out with it all so I can just imagine how upset you are. First thing in morning go get those builders!!! Hopefully they will sort it all tomorrow. Irene
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-01-2010 , 05:48 PM #5
alangoring

Default leak in bedroom

it could be a roof tile missing/out of place or cracked not just over the leak spot it could be higher up the roof .this needs to be checked .it could be a leaking pipe in attic space you need to get in there and check it out ,if not a pipe, best to check it when its raining so you can see where it's coming in.hope this helps ,
alangoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-01-2010 , 09:52 AM #6
filo

Default Help - Leak

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. Just to let you know, the builders came up to have a look, said that there was a flat roof over that bit of the room and got up and sealed it. All was going well till it rained really bad last Friday and it started to leak again!!! Builders were back up, had to put a hole the size of a head in the ceiling to see where the leak was coming from and found it but dont know how its getting in. Oh the joys.......! So now waiting for them to get up from the outside to see and hopefully it will be sorted before any more rain!

Karen