Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 24-03-2009 , 03:38 PM #121
chakes

Hi Betsy,

I will travel from any airport, the cheaper the budget airline the better.

It would suit me best to travel Sep - Nov or Jan - Mar.

Thanks a mil....
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 08:54 PM #122
jennie

Anyone that shops in Supervalu, there's coupon booklets on each till full of money off coupons for loads of different items.
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 09:43 PM #123
betsy10112000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie
:O.... Why am I only finding out about that refund & free item thing now!! I could have got everything for the house free lol

Anyway I googled that & it says they stopped doing that policy after they were robbed blind on xbox 360s & shoppers purposely taking advantage of the offer by seeking out wrongly priced products so they changed it in 2007 to "double the difference"
thats strange,it still happens in my tesco anyway,(great for me)it still has a sign up behind customer services in my tesco(gorey)and also in tesco arklow.
have a few more things that i just have to find out a bit more info and the t&c's before i spill all the beans to u lovely bargain hunting jumbletowners :) lol
if people wanna try and find out more about it than i can then thats great,just let me know aswel,lol
i heard that if tesco do not display a price label on the shelf with a barcode on it then they are obliged to give you the item for free.know im not to sure if this is just in the uk and also not sure if is just tesco or other supermarkets but i heard it was a new law brought out stating supermarkets had to display a price label with a barcode on the shelf for each product they sell.if anyone could have a check around and see what they come up with and let me know :) oh and let everyone else know,lol
Old Posted: 01-04-2009 , 11:37 PM #124
jennie

I'm going to investigate that! I never saw it displayed in any Tesco that I've ever been in & I wouldn't mind I know a woman working in Tesco & she's been there yearrrrss & she never mentioned it... tho she wouldn't be the brightest bulb in the house so that may answer why she said nothing!
Old Posted: 03-04-2009 , 02:27 PM #125
jennie

Default Pet Supplies

Anyone who has pets or a dog on expensive food if you buy via the internet & pay for it in sterling you save a fortune.

I've a list made of stuff to order from one site, to buy here in the shops would cost me around €250 if not more to buy, yet to buy in sterling via the internet it'll only cost £127.00
Old Posted: 03-04-2009 , 02:51 PM #126
nono

Default Pet Food

Hi Jennie,

Just wondering what site online you buy the petfood. I feed a lot of cats as I was let down badly by the Galway SPCA and its really expensive. I'd be really interested in this site. Best Wishes, Nono
Old Posted: 08-04-2009 , 07:00 PM #127
irishchick56

Default supervalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie
Anyone that shops in Supervalu, there's coupon booklets on each till full of money off coupons for loads of different items.

I sometimes shop in supervalu and have never came across these coupons maybe i could ask at the information desk, thanks for letting us know!
Old Posted: 08-04-2009 , 08:21 PM #128
irishchick56

Default saving money...

Simple things like switching off things we dont use! Change our bulbs, recycle...

A good tip is to only use 1 helping of shampoo when you wash your hair, if you leave the shampoo on your hair for a few minutes before you wash it off you get the same effect as if you washed it twice :-)
Old Posted: 08-04-2009 , 10:09 PM #129
Moeby

Default Costcutting

Hi just noticed this was first posted in July 2007, before all this talk of recession so well done for bumping it now, when people are really needing to cut back and save money. I know this recession is very tough on a lot of people, but really it's a matter of getting back to reality and saving where you can. I filled my car (it's a 7 seater so all seats fold down to make it like a van) with all recycling things and took it to the recycling centre where it cost me only 2 euro to dispose of unwanted items. I then filled it again with things I could not recycle (2 old torn matresses and 2 old carpets) and took them to the dump which cost me 20 euro. There is a huge difference, so it definately pays to recycle where you can. Another thing I have done to cut down on energy costs, is to revert to old fashioned ways, like not using the dishwasher, not using the tumbledryer only when necessary. Turning off the immersion and using the solid fuel cooker for heating water (don't have central heating). Turning off lights that are not in use and also making sure the computer and broadband is turned off at the mains when not in use. Plugging out chargers etc. This actually saves me 15-17 euro a week ( I know because I pay by cards weekly and where it was costing about 35 euro a week it went down to 20 euro). (My ESB bills would be fairly high because I work from home as a hairdresser so I would be using dryers etc.), but if you put in a small amount of effort it creates huge savings. Kind regards.
Old Posted: 09-04-2009 , 12:15 AM #130
Costellon

Default Just a bit of humour

Avoid parking tickets by leaving your windscreen wipers turned to 'fast wipe' whenever you leave your car parked illegally.

Housewives. I find the best way to get two bottles of washing-up liquid for the price of one is by putting one in your shopping trolley and the other in your coat pocket.

Heavy smokers. Don't throw away those filters from the end of your cigarettes. Save them up and within a few years you'll have enough to insulate your roof.

Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view.

Smokers. Save on matches and lighters, by simply lighting your next fag from the butt of your last one.
Old Posted: 09-04-2009 , 12:23 AM #131
jpmum

ha ha ha costellon, best advise by a mile LOL!!!!!
very good!
Old Posted: 10-04-2009 , 01:27 AM #132
nono

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchick56
I sometimes shop in supervalu and have never came across these coupons maybe i could ask at the information desk, thanks for letting us know!

Hi Irishchick,

These books of coupons are left on the checkouts in my local store. If you havent managed to get one, I'll post one on to you. Best Wishes, Nono
Old Posted: 10-04-2009 , 11:53 AM #133
erica

I saved money on my bin charges by sharing a bin with my neighbour. I also use a compost bin and a wormery and go to the bottle bank regularly.

When I take the kids out for the day, we pack a picnic, drinks snacks, fruit, etc. When we go to the cinema, I also bring our own drinks and snacks in a small backpack, cos snacks & drinks in cinemas cost a fortune.

I usually bring a packed lunch to work, because going out for lunch costs at least €10 per day.

I shop in Lidl and Aldi for most of my groceries, they are much cheaper than Tesco or Dunnes, in my opinion.
Old Posted: 10-04-2009 , 12:44 PM #134
lislaw

As we are trying to cut back on our expenses I just rang Sky to cancel the subscription on my second sky box which costs me about €15 per month.
The very nice man on the end of the phone informed me that as I've had the box for so long they could offer me half price subscription on it rather than cancelling it altogether. So I've saved myself €7 per month, still have the same service and don't have to worry about paying reconnection fees at a later date.
Old Posted: 13-04-2009 , 04:25 PM #135
betsy10112000

hi guys
i wanna cut down on my bills as much as i can.i dont have sky tv etc.
when i moved into my house last september i got a phone line off eircom just so i could get the broadband,now its costing me 80 euro a month just forthe phone that i never use!!
does anyone know who i can get fast reliable broadband from without having a phone line?
i live in gorey,county wexford.i tried chorus ntl but they dont cover my area.
please any suggestions?

oh and just to let people know.i changed every single bulb in my house to energy saving light bulbs and i got my esb bill through,its normally 120 euro every 2 months but now its 62 euro every 2 months.what a massive saving.
buy you bulbs reallly cheap on ebay,save even more this way :)
Closed Thread