Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Wanted > Wanted Items
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 08-12-2020 , 10:30 AM #1
deeflan

Default Horse blanket x 2

Hi, I'm looking for a horse blanket that would fit a large mother horse and her foal. I'm not a horse person so I don't know sizes but I've posted a pic of the foal so hopefully that helps. The mother horse is tied up near my house without shelter and her foal stays with her, and whoever owns them doesn't seem to care that they're out there in below freezing temps. If anyone has spare horse blankets I can collect within a reasonable distance. Thanks.
Attached Images

JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 09-12-2020 , 07:09 PM #2
ali123

Default Horse blanket

Hi. I think I would contact the Dspca and hopefully they will take the poor creatures somewhere warmer and more suitable. Let me know how you get on as I feel really bad for these lovely animals. They are lucky to have you.
Old Posted: 09-12-2020 , 07:20 PM #3
deeflan

Thanks for your reply. The SPCA have been out to them already but they can't do anything about it. It wouldn't be my first thought to interfere with someone else's animals, I just feel so sorry for them and think at least if they had something on they might be ok. If someone has blankets to donate I would try and ask if it's ok to put them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali123
Hi. I think I would contact the Dspca and hopefully they will take the poor creatures somewhere warmer and more suitable. Let me know how you get on as I feel really bad for these lovely animals. They are lucky to have you.
Old Posted: 11-12-2020 , 01:45 AM #4
chucken1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeflan
Hi, I'm looking for a horse blanket that would fit a large mother horse and her foal. I'm not a horse person so I don't know sizes but I've posted a pic of the foal so hopefully that helps. The mother horse is tied up near my house without shelter and her foal stays with her, and whoever owns them doesn't seem to care that they're out there in below freezing temps. If anyone has spare horse blankets I can collect within a reasonable distance. Thanks.

Thats awful. The poor things. Are they being fed?
I cant believe spca wont do anything :(

Try these people.

http://www.hungryhorseoutside.com/
Old Posted: 01-01-2021 , 12:39 AM #5
tudlytops

Be careful with those horse jackets, if they are damaged or if the horse damages it, like some horses do by biting the jackets, etc, those jackets can do more harm then good, as once damaged they will hold water instead of keeping it out and the water will then freeze...

Its not something I would recommend if you don't know about horses, if they are not yours and you cant check on them up close...

If you can afford, a little extra horse food can go a long way keeping them warm, its not expensive and you don't give them much either, but it does help them a lot...

The only other thing you can do is use social media to put pressure into having someone do something about them, but if it goes wrong they could be moved anywhere, somewhere even worse...
Old Posted: 01-01-2021 , 12:42 AM #6
tudlytops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucken1
Thats awful. The poor things. Are they being fed?
I cant believe spca wont do anything :(

Try these people.

http://www.hungryhorseoutside.com/

No charity can do anything about it, they can only act when the guards ask them to do it or if say the horses were actually hurt or dying, same with dogs, cats, etc, charities have no actual powers to seize at all...
Closed Thread