Default Make biodiesel yourself?

Check out this Irish website http://www.imakebiodiesel.com
lucky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-04-2009 , 05:12 AM #17
don sull

Default waste oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Does anyone know what is needed to convert an engine so it can run on waste vegetable oil? What cars are suitable for conversion? How efficient is it? Any info would be great. Also, I've heard of a range that runs on waste vegetable oil. I'll get more info on that and post it up.
There is a friend of mine running his car on waste vegetable oil for the past 2 years and there is no convertsion needed to the engine for it to work.The only thing is that you might need to change the filters more often in your car.His car is a 07 skoda octavia[DIESEL] and he is running it on vegetable oil since day 1.It works by heating up the waste oil and filtering it through a filter cloth until most or all the foreign matter is removed and then adding methanol to thin it out.I think methanol can be purchased quite cheaply.He has saved plenty of money on fuel costs over the last number of years and he made the heating and filteration systme himself,by modifing a steel container ,adding a heating element and a temperature gauge[very important for a safety point] lagging the container to retain heat,and installing an outlet valve at the base of the tank and so that it can be discharged through a filteration systme.Internet might give you more info.
don sull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-04-2009 , 03:07 PM #18
Scrabble

Default Extreme Caution

Please do not put anything into your car unless you are sure that it is really ok to do so. The reason I am replying to this thread is because in April 08 we bought a beautiful 07 car from a garage in Carlow.Two days later the car broke down. It was brought to a garage and "fixed". To cut a long story short the car has been back to the garage about 20 times in the last 12 months.
It is only in the last few weeks that an inspecter was called in to look at the car and it was discovered that the previous owner had put "contaminated" diesel into the car. So the makers of the car will not uphold the warrenty and now the garage we bought it off has to pay for a new diesel tank and all the works that goes with it plus all the work that was done to it in the past year. I know that the tank alone is costing nearly 6,000 euro and the other work plus having to lend us a car during the work comes to about 10,000euro. Glad its not coming out of my pocket. So please use extreme caution if you are thinking about using vegatable oil. Maybe it will cost a lot more in the long run!!!
Regards,
Scrabble
Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-04-2009 , 11:46 PM #19
pete210

Default hello

ye i know a fellow who runnes hs jeep on vegitable oil , its an old trooper , he made no modavicatons , just runnes on a 50/50 with desiel , he buys the oil il aldi for 70 cents a litre , but i wouldnt recomend it for a aru spent a lot of money on as its not greatfor the injectors or the injetor pump but its going alright for him
pete210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-02-2010 , 10:51 AM #20
earthprince

Default Could i run my 98 diesel nissan terrano on veg oil or e85

I've been trying to find a way to be more eco friendly and save money with my big SUV which I bought because I live in the country and my ford focus could not handle the hills or the snow. It's heavy on diesel and am hoping that I can find a way of using re-cycled oil.
earthprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-02-2010 , 11:07 AM #21
steptoes

Default E85

could you put e85 into it? I think that's cheaper
steptoes is offline   Reply With Quote