JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 08-10-2012 , 01:40 PM #1
mrbr

Default Fridge that keeps freezing over

I was wondering if anyone ever experienced a problem with their fridge constanly freezing? My fridge/freezer is approx 4 years old and the fridge part for the last few months has a constant build up of ice on the back wall of the fridge - bottles of water/minerals etc are turning into blocks of ice! I have tried defrosting it, turning down the temp etc but to no avail. I don't want to have to buy a new one if at all possible and the three door freezer part is working perfectly so I would be grateful if anyone has experienced this before and would have a solution. Mrbr
mrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 15-10-2012 , 03:54 PM #2
DaCor

Check the door seal. It sounds like it may be working overtime to reduce the temp due to a break in the seal.

Easiest way to check it is to cut a strip or paper or plastic about the width and length of a pencil , stick one end in between the fridge and door, close the door and attempt to pull it out. It should not slide out easily. The door *should* grip it.

Work your way around the door checking the seal the whole way around. If it comes out easily then you have a break in the seal.

Also check the seal for damage, especially in the folds of the seal. It may be cracked.

This is the most likely cause, let me know how you get on
DaCor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-10-2012 , 07:17 PM #3
totallycsm

Please excuse my absolute lack of knowledge of technical terms but I had the exact same problem with my fridge and what seemed to sort mine out was.. at the back wall of the fridge (inside) there is a little hole that acts as a drain that was blocked and for some reason it was causing the bottom of my fridge to have a little pool of water in it and for the top back of the wall to freeze hope this helps and sure if not i'm sure you'll find a new one on here!!
totallycsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-10-2012 , 02:43 PM #4
mrbr

Default Freezing Fridge

Many thanks DaCor and totallycsm for your helpful suggestions both of which I will certainly follow through on and I will report back on any developments.

Kind regards
Mrbr
mrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2012 , 09:33 PM #5
Anfearisfearr

Default polar action

Get thermostat replaced.
Anfearisfearr is offline   Reply With Quote