JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 12-10-2010 , 12:16 PM #1
Heidi123

Default Christmas Cards

I know it's a bit early to be asking about Christmas stuff but I was wondering if anyone can help:

I took some lovely photos last christmas and I'd love to make them into cards to send to family and friends this year. Any ideas on how to do this??

I looked on certain sites (don't know if i can name them here) that print customised photo cards but they're quite expensive - around 10 euro for 8 cards. And they have strange borders and backgrounds that I'm not sure would be nice. I would ideally like to make a sort of a collage of my own pics and print them into one card with a greeting on the front, failing that - one picture would do - and the greeting isn't essential either! I'd just love to be able to give some home made cards with a whole lot of effort and very little money involved.

My photos are basically of the "big freeze" and I captured some beautiful shots (for a typically useless photo-taker!) - I was thinking of printing them and pasting them to a card but I don't think that would have the desired effect.

Also, I'd love to be able to make nice cards to personalise birthday, wedding etc cards in the future.

All suggestions most welcome - and I promise to upload some pics when I'm done ;-)

Thanks for reading,
Heidi
x
Heidi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 12-10-2010 , 07:10 PM #2
TickTock

Default Christmas Cards

Found some stuff on the internet, hope they help. The secret is to use good quality Christmas cardstock. Try Art & Hobby, An Siopa Bui, Inspiring Ideas, or other craft shops, or on the internet websites like Craft Creations (http://www.craftcreations.com/). Good luck.

http://yvedunbar.tripod.com/yourphot...ith-mother?i=1

http://www.growsonyou.com/jacque/blo...hristmas-cards

http://www.christmascardsdirect.com/...photocards.htm
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-10-2010 , 07:42 AM #3
Heidi123

Thanks Ticktock,

I had a look at those websites - very nice of you to post them there for me.

Maybe I'm being fussy but I just think that they are a bit expensive and I think most are designed for bulk ordering - whereas I'd like to give a different photo to each family member.... I'll keep thinking about it - if I find a solution I'll post it here!

And if I manage to work something out I'll post photos,

Thanks again
x
Old Posted: 13-10-2010 , 11:20 AM #4
TickTock

Hiya Heidi123

I'm so sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were looking for, my apologies! Just thought you could make your own cards using the designs and layouts on these websites. You can put a different photo on each card. I'd like to see a sample of what you meant if you find it.

Sorry couldn't be more help to you.

TT
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-10-2010 , 09:35 PM #5
MuddyWitch

Is this more the sort of thing you are looking for?

http://www.madaboutcards.com/section...FVD-2AodUgvPDA

MW
MuddyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-10-2010 , 08:30 AM #6
Heidi123

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments.... I found a website that allows me to do what I want. Just spent about two mins making a mock card just to show you what I mean.

This photo was taken with some friends last year and I planned to give each of them a different photo with a different message written on the outside. So I have semi-figured out how to do this - but printing it off will be a problem as I'm not sure if the kiosks in boots and places like that would print it off in the format of a card - shiny one side and matt the other - like a card.

So here is my very quick attempt and I hope to have perfected it by xmas.

Let me know what you think & any suggestions welcome!

Ps i did it on www.pixlr.com

Ok guys, sorry I tried! I couldn't upload a photo because the jpeg files were too big for jumbletown requirements - I tried to scale it down again and again but I lost almost the entire photo because of that so no point in posting it up.

Basically it was my photo with a greeting written on the front, looked quite nice i think....now my problem is printing them into a card...... ;-)
Old Posted: 15-10-2010 , 11:16 AM #7
Heidi123

This is a quick, small example of what I mean - hope you can see it....

Obviously the photos will be better than this one (and meaningful to whoever I send them to) and after a bit more practice hopefully they'll look better. I'll post finished ones soon.

Now my dilemna as to how to print them off in a card....
Attached Images

Old Posted: 20-10-2010 , 09:54 PM #8
toddler

Default Christmas cards

Hi Heidi,
Our local chemist shop has a printing dock or whatever they are called - just take the crd from the camera or whatever along and they can print them for you. They also do cards at a euro a piece, depending how many cards you want I think it's affordable
Tod
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-10-2010 , 04:58 PM #9
Heidi123

Thanks toddler!
Old Posted: 29-10-2010 , 02:03 AM #10
GalwayAgirl

Default Fab Scene

Hi, I think that picture was fabulous, keep up the great work
GalwayAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote