JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 08-07-2009 , 07:40 PM #1
pepper

Default Query: Expressing interest in an item after it has been Reserved?

i posted up an item and picked someone out and closed the thread.I had stated on the thread i had picked someone and would PM them.

someone else who had shown interest in my item then Pms me wanting to know who i picked- and then asked me could they have it- EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY PICKED SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Isint this against the rules?
pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 08-07-2009 , 07:43 PM #2
kiwicooke

Hi Pepper,
I asked Chris before and he said nobody is obliged to tell any information. Just pm the person and say ''I have pm'd the taker'' and she will know then that of she didn't get a pm from you then she didnt get picked.

Good luck,
Ciara xx
kiwicooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-07-2009 , 07:57 PM #3
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper
i posted up an item and picked someone out and closed the thread.I had stated on the thread i had picked someone and would PM them.

someone else who had shown interest in my item then Pms me wanting to know who i picked- and then asked me could they have it- EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY PICKED SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Isint this against the rules?
Hi pepper,

As kiwicooke says above, Givers are under no obligation to reveal the identity of the Taker. Givers should state on their thread/ad that a potential Taker has been chosen and Pm'd; the item should then be marked as Reserved.

Other potential Takers should may still express an interest in a Reserved item (on the thread or in a PM) because sometimes the transaction may fall through with the Taker first chosen by the Giver. If a thread has more than 10 expressions of interest, Admin usually makes a post on the thread/ad stating that no more expressions of interest should be made until the Giver has given an update.

However, if someone sends a PM stating that a Giver should not pass on an item to Member X or Y for whatever reason, then the sender of that PM may face a ban. Please see Admin's post re: "Misuse of the PM System"...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=47705

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote