JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 08-03-2009 , 10:21 PM #1
kilk

Default everlasting paint?

hi does anybody know of exterior paint that is guaranteed to last 15 to 25 years?

i was approached last week and offered a promotional offer if i let my house be featured in the advertising of this paint. it's an irish company and seem reputable on the net, but the proof is in the paint so to speak. if anybody has had their house painted with this new paint or know anything about it i would be extremly grateful for feedback.
thanks
kilk
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 08-03-2009 , 10:49 PM #2
jenniferalan

Hey Kilk,

I def would not believe that. If it was true they would not need your house to advertise and it would have been thought of long ago. Don't let them touch ur house cos u never know what damage or un-finished work u could be left with
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-03-2009 , 11:00 PM #3
kilk

hi jen, i suppose some of the reasons they are not too well known are that the paint is about twice the price of ordinary, and also the fact that one is stuck with the same colour.
this is an english company and is in existance since the late 60's, it has expanded to ireland hence the promotional offers. they have offered to give me a cut in price if i let em use my house. but i don't want to end up with egg.. er paint on my face!
Old Posted: 08-03-2009 , 11:32 PM #4
colmsmum

Kilk, they should do it for free if they're using your house, after all they'll be disrupting you taking pics etc, it's the least they could do I'd say.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-03-2009 , 11:50 PM #5
Bubbles2

Hi Kilk

My mum got her house painted with this company, she found the paint good, she had a bit of a problem with one section but they came back no problem and sorted it out
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 09:30 AM #6
cavalin

hi , we got our house painted with this (has an x on the end of the name?) and no l wouldn,t recommend them! The paint came away from the silicone around the windows, cracks reappeared everywhere (having being told this covers them) and they are still coming out ot fix it (not holding out on that) it doesn,t guarantee around windows (nothing in the contract said this) aparantly! So no l,d steer clear of them imo its supposed to be guaranteed not to need done for 25 yrs ours is 5 yrs old.. and now how do we repaint over waterproof paint????
cavalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 09:31 AM #7
Fries-With-That

Default everlast

Hi Kilk,

I've seen this paint on houses, it has a textured finish a little bit like "terelene dash".

There are a few drawbacks with the product as far as I am aware, the main ones that spring to mind is the limited choice of colours and the need for it to be appplied by an expert.

Make sure that if you get these guys to do your house that they mask off everything that you don't want the finish on ( downpipes guttering facsia and soffets etc etc).

I saw one house where the facia and spoffet were not masked and they ended up the same colour as the walls ( Light Pink) they were a bugger to paint white again because the finish. is lumpy.

The special offer is offered to everyone, so don't be conned by that. If you want a special offer get one of your neighbours with a similar size house to ask for a quote then you ask for yours, I doubt there'll be any difference.

one more thing.......Prep PreP Prerp work is the most important thing to get right....powerwashing, sealing etc etc ...if they're not quoting for this ...run a mile.

Regards,

Fries.
Fries-With-That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 09:53 AM #8
ark

Default paint

hi kilk
I have a freind who sold windows 20 years ago He told me they would tell people they would like to use there house for advertising and pretend to give them a good price Just be carefull a very old con.I no nothing about the paint
good luck
ark
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 10:54 AM #9
cathy

I asked tem to come out and give me a price, I asked for them to come during the day as the kids are in school etc.They said ...NO, AS THEY WANT MY HUSBAND TO BE THERE AS WELL.As if my opinion was not good enought and he holds the purse strings.I told them not to bother.
Cathy
cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 12:20 PM #10
Sinamo

kilk,
sounds like a total con to me

firstly if this company wanted to use ur house for "advertising" their product they would do it for free as it's them ur helping them out (not the other way around)

secondly it totally sounds like a marketing ploy to make u the customer believe u are getting a fantastic deal, when in fact you are paying the same price as the a customer who didn't get approached with this "special" deal...generally if something sounds too good to be true it usually turns out just that. if this paint was so fantastic and durable etc..why would they need to approach anyone to use their house to promote it in this manner.

No kilk if i were u i wouldn't take this offer up. could open a whole can of worms down the line

S.
Sinamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 04:07 PM #11
cavalin

Yes! l got the special offer as well and we were put in their books, no one has ever contacted us about it though.We,re waiting nearly a year for them to call back and fix our walls!!! lt would be a great paint if it stayed on the wall lol
Old Posted: 10-03-2009 , 07:29 PM #12
kilk

hi guys,
thanks for all your replies.

regards
kilk
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 05:09 PM #13
convoy2

Default everlasting paint?

i would be very careful with the comp. there is a old saying if ur offered something for nothing there is a con some where
convoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 06:26 PM #14
cavalin

BUT it wasn't free we paid a good price for our house to be done and figured if we pay a good price we get a good job but our house is ruined now even today I found yet more peeling paint.
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:45 PM #15
Ocker

Default Paint

Kilkie, reminds me of the scam my bro told me about. They would paint haysheds with diesel mixed into a small bit of paint. When finished they would ask to buy some diesel and use it on the next job. 18 months later the shed rusted to biits. Remember....if it sounds too good to be true.........etc etc.
Ocker is offline   Reply With Quote