JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 12:27 AM #1
kiara

Default wanted items

when someone gets there hearts desire in the wanted forum its brilliant, im delighted things have worked out for them but there are so many people in there and admin can hardly check of them so why when someone gets what they requested do they not lock/delete their thread? it would really declutter the wanted section, there have been a few iv been able help with but to be honest filtering through them is no fun and on the flipside i have a few adds there myself, so for everyone who got what they were after please give others the chance to do the same and delete or lock your finished threads!!!!!!!!!!!! kiara x
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 03:38 PM #2
gillo

Default wanted items

I agree with you kiara, and I always thank the giver and then delete the thread the next day when I receive an item I've requested. But there are some threads on there that are months old with several thank yous to givers and then subsequent bumps for their ad, so that must mean they want as many of the requested items that they can get, so it makes you wonder what they are doing with them all. But, as admin have pointed out on several occasions what they do with items required is their own business...
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 08:58 PM #3
cavalin

l find sometimes you don,t even get a reply(this happened to me on a couple of occasions)
cavalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 09:01 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalin
l find sometimes you don,t even get a reply(this happened to me on a couple of occasions)
Hi cavalin,

If you don't get a reply within 3 days, you should report the post to Admin (click on the red/white/black triangle beneath the Member's User Name). Admin will then remove the post from the forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2008 , 09:30 PM #5
cavalin

thanks chris P, l,ll keep that in mind.
cavalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-11-2008 , 02:53 AM #6
HappyHunter

I understand that the wanted section is not what JT is about but the very kind admin made it available. I have had three ads in the wanted section one more recently from early November and have had no PM's offering me the exercise bike I am looking for, not complaining though, there have been two exercise bikes offered and given away in that time. I did post on the most recent ad where someone was offering one asking if I could see a photo and/or know the size of the bike but got no response - and so I keep hoping and waiting :)

Cheers
HappyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-11-2008 , 01:36 PM #7
irishrover

I find the wanted section very handy! I always trawl the wanted section when giving an item. I have given a number of items through pms on the wanted section it seems much quicker with no hassle!
irishrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-11-2008 , 02:05 PM #8
HappyHunter

Hi IrishRover, yes I have given a few items through PM to people who had ad's in the wanted section. It's a great way of finding someone who really wants an item and has been looking perhaps for a few months for something - Thanks Jumbletown
HappyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-12-2008 , 03:20 PM #9
kiara

Yes I honestly do think the wanted section is brill, I've gotten rid of loads of stuff without ever having to advertise it! It just annoys me when threads remain after items are received! How many pages are in wanted anyway? Kiara x
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-12-2008 , 03:54 PM #10
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara
How many pages are in wanted anyway?
No more than 50 pages of ads at any one time.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote