JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-04-2012 , 11:07 AM #1
Jayne402010

Default Any Tips on Poly Tunnels please....

Hi there!
Anybody have any tips on keeping these pair off the roof of my polytunnel? They have both gotten up twice and I am not re homing them but I am getting peed off with them hanging around it!
Attached Images

Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 30-04-2012 , 09:41 PM #2
Pepperpixie

phew, thankfully my pair haven't started this yet!!! But i am ready and armed with a roll of repair tape. Don't have any advice on how to stop them going up there really although one person suggested to me that if they do go up hose them and they not likely to try it again, my fear here is that they may dig their claws in and slide down the side. On warm days i'm leaving the door open and my lazy pair seem to prefer lying inside where it's nice and warm wrapped up in the horticultural fleece than trying to climb on top. One of them was actually sleeping on the strawberries in the tunnel, so i've tried leaving orange peels around the strawberries, fingers crossed seems to be working. If you do come up with foolproof ways for keeping them off the tunnel please share :-)
Pepperpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-05-2012 , 11:02 PM #3
Jayne402010

Well there are no little holes from claws that I can see, but I did hop out of bed at 8am on Saturday morning cos a strange cat, (not seen him before) was basking in the early morning sun on top of my tunnel. He soon scarpered as I strode towards him making loud noises (which probably woke my neighbour too!,) and as it has been raining since I have not had to keep watch over the thing!

Yes, mine love lying inside too and this I don't mind but I really would like it to last a few years and to not have palpitations every time I see one strolling over towards it! So all ideas greatly appreciated!
Thanks...
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote