JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 24-03-2010 , 10:33 PM #16
bunnyblueeyes

Default Bunnnyblueeyes

Hi Look at the life in the wood and the joy it has with its new owner WELL DONE you sure are a wood lover
bunnyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-03-2010 , 12:27 AM #17
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default wood lover

Thanks bunnyblueeyes, hope my work will inspire others to restore or rescue old pieces. Eibh.
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-04-2010 , 02:01 PM #18
markjamesdaly

Lovely job on the table. They should ENCOURAGE people to take stuff away, because reuse is the best recycling.
markjamesdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-04-2010 , 07:59 AM #19
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default recycling

Hi Mark, I checked with my local recycling centre and the rule actually is that as soon as you pay your money at the gate everything becomes the property of the recycling company. However if you see something you fancy, the guys generally turn a blind eye. I think it is to do with insurance--if you got damaged putting a coffee table into your car, who is responsible? The company don't want to be sued. We have almost legislated ourselves out of existence here in Ireland. Eibh.
Old Posted: 29-04-2010 , 08:47 AM #20
Merienne

First of all- lovely table!

It's not just Ireland with it's lawsuit culture that have rules like this, it's the same where I'm from (Scandinavia). Probably for safety reasons there too, which is fair enough. They would have some people there all the time otherwise, climbing into the skips and they could be crushed and killed. I think some people might also not appreciate if their discarded things show up elsewhere. With electrical goods it could also be a real hazard if they are faulty. I agree with the legislation, I think it's really up to all of us to try to find new owners for things, instead of throwing them away.

I've heard that some recycling centres do take things like microwave plates and the glass jugs for coffeemakers aside, so you can buy them for like a euro- a very good idea.
Merienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-11-2010 , 07:32 PM #21
Leahsmam

its lovely. too good to throw out
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-11-2010 , 07:36 PM #22
Leahsmam

if i had the room i would love a table like that. theres nice furniture on jumbletown that sometimes with a bit of paint is gorgeous, nicer than the new stuff
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-11-2010 , 08:06 PM #23
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahsmam
if i had the room i would love a table like that. theres nice furniture on jumbletown that sometimes with a bit of paint is gorgeous, nicer than the new stuff
Hi Leahsmam, you are right, there is some georgous stuff and with a bit of effort things sometimes end up even better than the original. The people on JTown are amazing--I don't know if we inspire each other and give each other great ideas or if we are all just naturally talented and creative!! Only trouble is it is addictive and I'm running out of room. Oh well I am happy with what I have got and it leaves more for others!!Eibhlin.