Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 03-04-2010 , 07:29 PM #196
briansbgc

Sell on ebay
on average 1 6th of all house hold stuff is un wanted. You can do it Practically for free, any time of day and from the comfort of your own home
Old Posted: 03-04-2010 , 09:13 PM #197
Pepperpixie

not tried this website myself yet, but it's been getting good reviews in some of the national papers it's www.economiser.ie

Article below taken from Irish Independent.

Wednesday March 31 2010

A NEW website that promises to show householders how to save money on key areas of expenditure, such as groceries, energy and telecoms bills, was launched yesterday by the National Consumer Agency.

Economiser.ie is designed to enable people to compare what they are spending on these items with other households.

Around a third of the average household's spending goes on groceries, energy, TV, telecoms and mobile phones, the state-supported agency said. The website advises consumers how much more or less they are spending, compared with others who live in a similar home with the same number of children.

National Consumer Agency head Ann Fitzgerald said: "What's really valuable is that the Economiser does not take a 'one-size-fits-all' approach. Your results compare you to those with similar characteristics, meaning the analysis should offer relevant suggestions to achieve real savings."

She encouraged everyone, regardless of age, circumstance or income, to try it out
Old Posted: 04-04-2010 , 06:21 PM #198
TickTock

Default Money Saving Tips

Sign up for 300 free texts per month on the Vodafone website if your mobile phone is with vodafone. It's been a great help for the unemployed members of my family. You send the texts online. You can now send free texts internationally too.

You all may know this already here on JT but I am still amazed by how many people I meet who don't. Just thought I'd mention it anyway.
Old Posted: 04-04-2010 , 07:22 PM #199
Mumof3

Hi Ticktock, they have actually increased this to 600 texts per month, I used this a lot and you can do the same with o2... not sure about the other networks...
Old Posted: 05-04-2010 , 01:37 PM #200
TickTock

Default Money Saving Tips

Thanks Mumof3 for letting me know. I didn't know that but its not so important for me as I would never even get to the 300 mark! Other members of the family might though!!!!
Old Posted: 05-04-2010 , 05:27 PM #201
Mumof3

No problem tictock, as my name suggests I have 3 kids am and at home most of the day so I would use up a lot of these free texts... my little girl has got a mobile and she uses o2 webtexts to send hers so its very handy
Old Posted: 08-04-2010 , 11:53 PM #202
irishchick56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkwell
In my previous post I put down the wrong price for the wash balls I bought. They cost me €11.78 for the Ecoballs 150 wash system and I expect them to last me in total with the top up provided about 9 months washing for a family of 4. I think that is brilliant value and as I said I am saving on rinse time therefore electricity, water and ironing! I would heartily recommend them to anybody especially people with sensitive skin.

Unapam I loved your tips. I tried the jigsaw with the frozen chips but had mashed potatoes by the time I was finished!!

Hi there, just wondering do you use fabric softner with these balls? They sound like a brilliant idea!

Chloe
Old Posted: 09-04-2010 , 08:57 AM #203
Pepperpixie

irishchick, aldi had these (different brand) for 6.99 last week and they maintain the pack lasts 600 washes, i got them but have not tried them yet, but the packet also says you do not need to use fabric softener with them.
Old Posted: 09-04-2010 , 04:07 PM #204
sparkwell

Hi Irishchick56

As Pepperpixie says there is no need for fabric conditioner. When your clothes are washed you won't have the traditional smell of washing powder or fabric conditioner. I find them particularly good for woollens and that they prolong the life of clothes too because they don't remove the dye.
Old Posted: 09-04-2010 , 04:56 PM #205
irishchick56

Thanks for the advice !They sound great! I will have to give them a go!! :-)
Old Posted: 17-05-2010 , 01:51 PM #206
julfren

Default nappies

Has anybody worked out where the best value in baby's nappies is to be found. My son and his wife have a little baby. They would have liked to have gone for cloth washable nappies, but haven't got the drying facilities or space. So will have to go with the disposables.

Has anyone any ideas on where the most economic and good disposable nappies can be bought.

Thanks
Jul
Old Posted: 17-05-2010 , 06:08 PM #207
jennie

Gift cards like that are like Mastercard (example: the Blanchardstown shopping centre gift card that you can top up)

You can use the likes of these cards to book flights with Ryanair & don't have to pay card charges & you can also shop online with some of them, so you could get some great bargains with them.

Could be posted here already but so many pages I don't really want to have to read all of them to see!
Old Posted: 01-07-2010 , 08:33 PM #208
jenniferalan

bump for more tips
Old Posted: 07-07-2010 , 05:26 PM #209
higgy

Default Competition Website

Hi
I know that the admin said to search for sites on google but it can be hard sifting through the muck out there. This one is really good with promo codes and competitions and the like.

it's http://www.loquax.co.uk/

Be aware that some of the competitions don't apply to Ireland so be sure to read the terms & conditions!!
Old Posted: 07-03-2011 , 10:01 AM #210
Mandolin

Default Washing Duvets

I don't have the money now to send the winter duvets for drycleaning so yesterday I 'hand' washed them. 3/4 filled the bath with hot soapy water, cleaned my wellies and stamped on the duvets for 15 mins, 2 rinses (more stamping)and then stamp the water out of them. I can't believe how clean they are! It's much easier than kneeling over the bath getting tired arms pulverising them and much cheaper than the cleaners. Pillows are next. Now all I need is a bit of nice weather to dry them...
Mandolin
Closed Thread