JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 25-08-2009 , 08:19 PM #121
CD427JAG

Default Showers

Any tips other than bleach to clean nice pink shower bacteria that hide behind clear rubber seals
CD427JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-08-2009 , 08:26 PM #122
sandramcs

Default tips for cleaning seals

shower seals not aqua seals... vinegar and or bread soda. I keep a squirty bottle of vinegar at hand and it certainly makes it easy to keep the shower clean. A tiny bit of elbow grease leaves the grouting nice and white too. Good luck.
sandramcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-08-2009 , 08:40 PM #123
nanny56

Default cleaning showers

I also keep a spray bottle with neat vinegar handy. After spraying I dip either an old tooth or nailbrush into bread soda and scrub the area. Keeping the windows open will minimize the chip shop smell! Seriously it goes away pretty quickly.
nanny56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-08-2009 , 09:22 AM #124
CD427JAG

Thanks will give it a try
CD427JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-12-2009 , 08:38 PM #125
Gormal

Default Cleaning silver

White toothpaste cleans silver brilliantly.
Just rub toothpaste onto silver, take a damp bit of kitchen roll and rub to a lather, then when your done just rinse. see pic for before and after.
Attached Images

Gormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-12-2009 , 09:49 PM #126
Gormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmsmum
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a large bottle of white vinegar? They only have small bottles that cost a fortune in the supermarket & doesn't go far with the use it gets here.

Thanks & regards,
colmsmum.

I know this was asked a while ago, but I saw a 5L bottle? in buylo for around 6.69 euro i think
Old Posted: 17-12-2009 , 01:29 PM #127
TheBear

Quote:
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a large bottle of white vinegar? They only have small bottles that cost a fortune in the supermarket & doesn't go far with the use it gets here.

Thanks & regards,
colmsmum.
Hi,

They have 750ml bottles of white vinegar in Tesco for 69c, and malt vinegar (brown) for 39c (I'm not sure if the brown vinegar would undo some of the cleaning benefits by leaving brown marks). I know you were looking for a big container, but maybe some small cheap containers will do.
TheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-01-2010 , 01:48 PM #128
jenniferalan

A great tip for cleaning oven glass doors is to mix bi carb of soda and undiluted washing up liquid. mix into a paste and apply to the door. leave for 10 mins and then scrape off. glass door will be like new!
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-01-2010 , 08:23 PM #129
TickTock

Default Lemon Pips – A Step Too Far?

This is a true story.

Today I had 2 lemons. I grated the rind and packed it and froze it. Then I juiced the lemons and poured the juice into an ice cube tray and froze that also. Then I took what was left of the lemons, spread them open and cleaned my shower door – which in hindsight was a mistake because then I had bits of lemon flesh caught in the steel framework and I had a job and a half to get that off. I then rinsed the shower door with clean water, and thought…..I would have had better results with washing up liquid. Then I took what was barely left of the lemons and popped them into my dishwasher, which I don’t use very much but today I did…because I had put lemons in! Then I spent the rest of the morning fretting about the fact that I had thrown the pips away – should I have been making jam today I wondered?

Is this a step too far? Do I see men in white coats approaching?
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-03-2010 , 11:54 PM #130
mewl81

Default Old fruit net bags

Quote:
Thanks erica, your a great help. I'll buy a bit at the weekend, if i post a wanted ad i may not get it in time (if at all) & the birds will have a field day. I wouldn't mind but i have feeders for them but they're obviously impressed with colms work!
The netting off fruit u buy in the shop tie together and use a few small sticks and elastic bands to attach net to sticks( twigs/small shrub branches etc)
mewl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-03-2010 , 01:47 AM #131
maggied

Default 2 lemons .. a step too far ?

hi tick tock , i am shocked you didn't plant the seeds to see could you get a lemon tree , and them get all your windows gleaming too ! now who is obsessed ?
maggie
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2010 , 12:21 PM #132
greenasil

Default where to find?

Hi there!
Hoping you all can help me out!
I have moved to Ireland recently from North America and I cannot find proper cleaning vinegar in the shops. I see this thread talks about using vinegar for cleaning and I hope you can help.
The vinegar I am accustomed to buying for cleaning is sold in gallon jugs and is located in the cleaning area of the grocery shop. I know that the shops here sell distilled malt vinegar, wine vinegar, and cider vinegar, etc. but I am searching for plain white vinegar. Where will I find this in Ireland?
I have asked in shops (Tesco, Dunnes, Superquinn) and I get blank looks or I am directed to the malt vinegar.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
greenasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2010 , 12:37 PM #133
Gormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasil
Hi there!
Hoping you all can help me out!
I have moved to Ireland recently from North America and I cannot find proper cleaning vinegar in the shops. I see this thread talks about using vinegar for cleaning and I hope you can help.
The vinegar I am accustomed to buying for cleaning is sold in gallon jugs and is located in the cleaning area of the grocery shop. I know that the shops here sell distilled malt vinegar, wine vinegar, and cider vinegar, etc. but I am searching for plain white vinegar. Where will I find this in Ireland?
I have asked in shops (Tesco, Dunnes, Superquinn) and I get blank looks or I am directed to the malt vinegar.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!

You can get the plain white vinegar in BuyLo in 5L bottles, it is not amongst the cleaning stuff.
Old Posted: 30-05-2010 , 12:50 PM #134
greenasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormal
You can get the plain white vinegar in BuyLo in 5L bottles, it is not amongst the cleaning stuff.

Thank you, Gormal!
Where are BuyLo stores located? I am in Dublin and haven't seen this store.
greenasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2010 , 01:25 PM #135
Fizzywitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormal

I ask at our local Eurospar for the 1 gallon container of white vinegar as they use it for cleaning in the cafe and deli. Small bottles are usually available with the condiments in supermarkets, tescos, supervalu etc..
I pay $5 which I think is good value.
Fizzywitch is offline   Reply With Quote