JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 26-05-2013 , 06:03 PM #1
tudlytops

Default Record of activity kept for members

It would be nice if like in other sites we could see the activity of a member..

I give a good bit away but have used elsewhere more often because I like to give to people who also give, and to people who don't take everything, but here there is no way to see that..and that pushes me to other sites really.

I know that whatever a member does with the stuff is up to them, but as the giver i would like to have more choice of who do I give to.

just a thought.
tudlytops is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 26-05-2013 , 07:53 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudlytops
It would be nice if like in other sites we could see the activity of a member..

I give a good bit away but have used elsewhere more often because I like to give to people who also give, and to people who don't take everything, but here there is no way to see that..and that pushes me to other sites really.

I know that whatever a member does with the stuff is up to them, but as the giver i would like to have more choice of who do I give to.

just a thought.
Hi Tudlytops,

The site is configured so that old ads are archived. Only Admin has access to the archive. Allowing Members to access achived ads would involve giving Administrative powers to Members, and I'm afraid that isn't going to happen, primarily for security reasons.

The site’s main aim is to help people free up space by passing on unwanted items. The primary concern of Givers should be the desire to free up space in their home/workplace in an environmental way that helps the community.

Since the inception of the site in 2006, our policy has been that all JumbleTowners are regarded as equal. Neither Admin nor Givers have any way of determining the “neediness” or otherwise of a Taker -- we simply don't know their circumstances. Admin's view is that trying to figure out if a Member is "deserving" or not should play very little part in the giving and taking process as practised on JumbleTown. In short, a Giver either wants to pass on their item or they don't. Givers are free to give to whomever they like, be it the first or tenth respondent. Therefore, being first to post an expression of interest does not mean that a Member will receive an item.

Thanks for your support over the years, Tudlytops.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote