JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 19-01-2013 , 09:39 PM #1
Numph

Default Splash back ideas for renovated house

We have just renovated a large farmhouse - took us 3 years but we are nearly there now. Opening as self catering as soon as complete as job packing in at end of year so it will be part income. In the kitchen we have recycled stone fireplace - pink brick with stove- and wooden island unit with painted built in presses in cream. We went for flush hob in built with the cream built in surounding it but struggling to know what to put behind the hob. We want to keep it a bit old world and had thought rectangular retro tiles. Any ideas _ nothing too modern rest of house is very elegant.
Numph is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 23-01-2013 , 04:18 PM #2
lopats

Default splash back

woodies have lovely glass splash backs you can get them in colors or in plain or patterend. Or how about going to a nearby glass shop and getting a piece of toughened glass? that way your bricks will still shine thru but be protected from the hob. Good luck with it.
lopats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-01-2013 , 09:08 PM #3
Numph

Default splash back

Thanks Lopats for your idea - yes good glass shop near by so I'll definitely look into this as an option . most standard splash backs are very modern so I might be able to do something with a patterned glass. Thanks a lot.
Old Posted: 26-01-2013 , 10:57 AM #4
Numph

Default Splash back

Brick work is not behind the hob just painted wall so glass should work
Old Posted: 30-01-2013 , 07:17 PM #5
mondubics

I have a ceramic hob and built-under oven in the space where a range would have been, so there is a chimney over it. I have used small white rectangular white tiles - don't worry, they come in panels about the size of standard tiles, and they look well. Slightly retro without being antiquated. I was going to go for the very flat white ones, or slightly more modern larger white tiles, but they all seemed to look like a London underground station, or a public toilet, so the smaller ones worked much better. They have mock grout between the tiles, and you can't tell the difference without studying them hard.
mondubics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-02-2013 , 10:51 PM #6
Numph

Default Splash back

Thanks for your suggestion - it sounds good - we had considered the larger rectangular ones but these are just that bit more different.