Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Home Improvements > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-02-2012 , 11:42 AM #1
iloveparis59

Default Budget floor tiles.... HELP!

Hi all,
I am looking for large floor tiles for a small kitchen area in an apartment on a budget as the washing machine flooded and ruined my expensive floorboards. I would prefer if they were a white/neutral colour and no smaller than 40cm x 40cm and easy to cut. Does anyone know of a cheap retailer selling this type of tile??? Your help is greatly appreciated as the search has surprisingly proved very difficult!
Thanks very much for your help,
iloveparis59

P.S It would help if the retailer was in or around dublin/wicklow or kilkenny. Thanks again!!!!
iloveparis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 23-02-2012 , 03:37 PM #2
Sarahnimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparis59
Hi all,
I am looking for large floor tiles for a small kitchen area in an apartment on a budget as the washing machine flooded and ruined my expensive floorboards. I would prefer if they were a white/neutral colour and no smaller than 40cm x 40cm and easy to cut. Does anyone know of a cheap retailer selling this type of tile??? Your help is greatly appreciated as the search has surprisingly proved very difficult!
Thanks very much for your help,
iloveparis59

P.S It would help if the retailer was in or around dublin/wicklow or kilkenny. Thanks again!!!!

You can always try recycling olf flower pots and vases to create tiles. If you careful break the into the desired size piece you want using a blunt object then you can easily use floor filler to and grit to lay them and secure them. I found some super handy tips on a few websites for this idea, and there are lots more for gardening products and care.
Sarahnimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-05-2012 , 09:23 AM #3
kilkenny123

B/Q have large white/cream floor tiles 15 euro a pack 60cm x 60cm
kilkenny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 31-07-2012 , 07:17 PM #4
irene74

Default Flooring

concrete is a lovely option - you can add any colour to it and pattern - with so many unemployed builder should be able to get it screeded very cheaply.
Attached Images

irene74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-08-2012 , 04:04 PM #5
poguesfan
Banned

Default budget floor tiles

i hope in the near future to redo my kitchen and the floor will be done in marley/ lino no cold tiles or cheap laminated flooring , marley is easy to lay down and warm underfoot i know people who built a state of the art house about two years ago and they used it in the kitchen said it was in their old house 25 years and never changed from the day it was put down ,just an idea for u the men that deliver it will put it down for u in no time
poguesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-08-2012 , 08:10 PM #6
carinabean

hi theres a tile warehouse just on the outskirts of arklow town, county wicklow that do all sorts of tiles very cheap, my mother in law bought beautifull tilles there for 10euro s.y they'd be worth checking out
vitra tiles
Arklow Business Park Ballynattin Arklow Co. Wicklow (0402)26500
hope this helps
carinabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-08-2012 , 11:59 PM #7
homerjay

Default cheap tiles

in my expierance,im a tiler by trade most tile shops keep out of stock tiles in a section at the back of their stores,which they are discontinued tiles and they sell very cheeply its worth calling in to your nearest tileshop
homerjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-08-2012 , 01:54 PM #8
mralgae

Hi, there is a store called Dealz €2 type store. they have sticky backed tiles 6 in box for €1.49 per box. as cheap as they are i fitted in kitchen area of my apt and they are brilliant. easy to fit and cut with Stanley knife. there is a store in the omni shopping center. hope this helps.
mralgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-09-2012 , 05:51 PM #9
melissabell

Hi, I got enough tiles to do both my bath rooms for €20.00 on Donedeal or Adverts. There's loads of builders etc out there that have lots left over from jobs try that. I taught myself to tile and it may seem daunting but it's actually quite easy when you get some good tips ;)
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-10-2012 , 05:24 PM #10
Lucylugs

Default Cheap tiles

Check out stone merchant in greenogue/ aerodrome ind est, rathcoole. My sisiter was looking for large tiles and got some to match wall tiles she had bought already. they do great value filled travertine as well if thats what your looking for. I remember some were as low as €10 s.y.
Hope this helps,
Lucylugs
Lucylugs is offline   Reply With Quote