JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 11-11-2009 , 11:41 AM #1
Tessiebear

Default Repurposed: Curtain Rings To Christmas Decorations #2

I was checking out the decorations that Mickey made from curtain rings (which I have a bag of) and realised I'm no good with painting, I get more paint on myself. So, I had lots of ribbon that I got from a friend who had no use for it. I wound the ribbon around the curtain rings and made some Christmas tree decorations. This is a picture of some of them.

Mickey's thread is here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=40511
Attached Images

Tessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 11-11-2009 , 11:56 AM #2
maggied

Default curtain rings

hi lovely job they are really cute and easy to co ordinate with any room
regards
maggie
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-11-2009 , 05:41 PM #3
shanz

Default I Feel Bad

Hi. Last year i put some of these on the fire and now feel really bad what a great idea to do with the kids and making beautiful christmas decorations.I still have a bag full, so thanks for the idea.
shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-11-2009 , 10:57 AM #4
Mickey

This is SUCH a good idea :o) - now I know what to do for this year to be a bit more original ;-) - hope you don't mind if I rob your idea - anyone have tons of spare ribbon looking for a home - lol

PS - I bought some brilliant fabric glue off the internet (cheap and really works well) in a yellow tube - much better than anything I've found here - it's a german product - and that's what I used to make the ribbon loops. It is very sturdy and also remains flexible once it dries.

TIP - don't squish tube too hard and wonder why it popped out the back all over your hubby's warm and fluffy dressing gown and then try to rub it off and spread it even further and then have to please explain why you weren't wearing your OWN gown - 'cause it doesn't come off - EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESSIEBEAR
I was checking out the decorations that Mickey made from curtain rings (which I have a bag of) and realised I'm no good with painting, I get more paint on myself. So, I had lots of ribbon that I got from a friend who had no use for it. I wound the ribbon around the curtain rings and made some Christmas tree decorations. This is a picture of some of them.

Mickey's thread is here:
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-11-2009 , 10:57 PM #5
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESSIEBEAR

Mickey's thread is here:

GORGEOUS! Will be trying this one too.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote