PDA

View Full Version : What to do if not contacted about item reserved for you?

Goffie
22-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi
An item was reserved for me and a pm was sent asking when could I collect etc. I replied with my mobile number, delighted and expressing thanks.

Five days later I've heard nothing. I understand things can happen that prevent people getting in touch, with the best of intentions.

Should I just sit tight and hope for the best? Is this a reasonably common occurance and I'm just being impatient?
Many thanks
G

Chris P
22-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi
An item was reserved for me and a pm was sent asking when could I collect etc. I replied with my mobile number, delighted and expressing thanks.

Five days later I've heard nothing. I understand things can happen that prevent people getting in touch, with the best of intentions.

Should I just sit tight and hope for the best? Is this a reasonably common occurance and I'm just being impatient?
Many thanks
G
Hi Goffie,

As Admin has said on a number of threads, good communications are key to the site's success.
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6871

Most Members follow our three/six days guidelines with regards to updating items (see post at top of all the Givers' forums), but some may not do so for a number of reasons. For example, they may be busy with family or work-related matters, have limited access to a computer and/or internet trouble, or be simply forgetful.

My advice is to sit tight for now. If no response is forthcoming within a few days, forget about the item and move on. Admin can control what happens on the Public Forum -- it is the responsibility of Givers and Takers to manage their own communications for their mutual benefit.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Goffie
22-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Chris, very sensible advice.
I'll do as you suggest, wait another few says then forget about it.

Just want to applaud the work you do on this site, I love it and spread the word to anyone I can make listen!
Cheers
G

Chris P
22-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Chris, very sensible advice.
I'll do as you suggest, wait another few says then forget about it.

Just want to applaud the work you do on this site, I love it and spread the word to anyone I can make listen!
Cheers
G
Thanks for helping to spread the word about JumbleTown, Goffie!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bettybooboopbedoop
22-08-2008, 09:33 PM
With any luck the giver is just on holidays, lucky them if they are. Hope you hear from them soon.